Summersalt is looking for a dynamic business intelligence analyst to join our exceptional data analytics team. The role’s primary focus will be designing, communicating, and automating dashboards and reporting to drive data backed decision making across all functional areas. You will work closely with Engineering, Marketing, Ecommerce, Finance, Operations, Product Development and other departments to build models and dashboards to understand current performance and trends and to surface the insights needed to inform decision making as Summersalt continues to scale.
ABOUT THE JOB: Business Intelligence Analyst
- Deliver creative, data-driven insights, telling a compelling story with data.
- Design and develop centralized models and dashboards to drive better informed and faster business decisions across all functional areas and to facilitate automated reporting and insights for daily business management.
- Perform exploratory and high-level statistical analysis in support of business needs.
- Maintain, expand, and automate library of dashboards and reports.
- Drive deep dive analysis of the whats and whys of key drivers to surface hypotheses for action.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Marketing, Ecommerce, Finance, Operations, Product Development and other departments to automate KPI tracking and to ensure company-wide visibility and alignment regarding key business objectives.
- Synthesize and translate data into insights via effective communication across departments, to technical and non-technical team members.
- Train team members to better use BI Tools and drive user adoption to democratize access to company data.
- Establish company wide best practices for dashboard and reporting.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Finance or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in business intelligence, analytics, or similar role.
- Proven track record of relaying complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Engaged analytics thought partner with the ability to excel in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Strong Business Acumen – You think deeply about business strategy and profitability, and have experience translating the business ins and outs into data driven problems.
- Expertise using BI Tools to communicate data insights; Looker and LookML experience a strong plus.
- Strong experience with Excel, including advanced formulas and functionality.
- Strong experience with SQL-- we use BigQuery but any SQL experience will work.
- Experience with R, python, or another programming language used for statistical analysis a plus.
- Knowledge of relational database architecture, and methods to optimize query performance.