Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data frominternal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications forreports and analysis based on business needs andrequiredor available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and lead cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
- Leads and participates in gathering complex and often unique business requirements by defining the business problem and data requirements.
- Utilizes an advanced understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the design, development and implementation of decision support solutions, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
- Partners with the business operations to ensure effective design of decision support solutions.
- Develops innovative approaches to address complex business problems and solutions.
- Partners with IT to influence the design, alignment, and implementation of technical standards to address appropriate business solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, or a related discipline. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree Or Master's degree in Math, Computer Science, or a related discipline Or PhD in Math, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- 6 or more years experience in data management or information technology function OR If Master's degree, 4 or more years experience in data management or information technology function OR If PhD, 3 or more years experience in data management or information technology function.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Understanding and experience with Databases (Relational Database (RDB)
- Data/Query Validation
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Experience with one or more of the following: SAS, Business Objects, Tableau, Hadoop, Aginity