- Provides strategic consultation and direction for all market segments by monitoring financial performance and developing new insights to improve business results based on business intelligence analytics.
- Analyzes internal financial results, medical trend and cost drivers, provider and clinical programs, as well as incorporates external market dynamics and other data sources to identify opportunities, develop actionable plans and recommendations to management.
- Utilizes data, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, and fact-based management to collaborate with other key stakeholders to drive decision making and achieve desired business results
Other Responsibilities May Include:
- Working as embedded intelligence expert as part of an integrated cross-functional team, Business Intelligence (BI) Sr. Analyst turn data into information and knowledge, understanding how that information/knowledge supports and enables key business processes, and communicating those Insights for maximum business impact.
- BI Sr. Analysts contribute to the business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs for the organization.
- This role works closely with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Lead BI Analysts, and internal customers to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
- It is essential that BI Sr. Analysts build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues.
- They provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.
- BI Sr. Analysts educate and train customers to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for the purpose of analysis and option exploration. BI Sr.
- Analysts work with customers to determine business requirements, priorities, and define key performance indicators (KPI).
- This includes working with business and clinical teams to design and document dashboards, alerts (e.g. regulatory surveillance metrics), and reports.
- This role is accountable for facilitating information gathering, structured documentation, and presenting findings to all levels of management.
- The BI Sr. Analyst conducts analyses of functional business processes and functional business requirements and participates in the development of business cases in the support of operations and improvement activity.
- BI Sr. Analysts must have an in-depth understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, finding insights, and turning those insights into a story to drive impact and better decision making.
- They must work well within a team environment.
Education - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in business, liberal arts, computer science, application programming, software development, information systems, database administration, mathematics, engineering, or other related field
Experience - 5 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities
Experience with SQL, Tableau, SAS, R, and Visual Basic
Position Requisition #: 49796