Do you enjoy discovering and solving data challenges - dissecting them to uncover insights, would you like to tell a story with data analysis and assist with decision making? QVC’s Business Planning and Strategy team is looking to hire a Business Intelligence Analyst. In this role you will beresponsible to develop complexreporting requiring integration of data from different sources that addresses business needs. The Business Intelligence Analyst will execute recurring andad-hocreporting and analysis. You will work closely with their team leader and senior level stakeholders to understand their requirements, and analyze business information to provide insights. The position is based outside of Philadelphia at our Studio Park headquarters in West Chester, PA.
Job Description Details
- Use inferential and descriptive methods to help the business reach conclusions about what happened (the what), why it happened (the why), what is likely to happen (what if), and why it matters (so what).
- Perform root-cause analysis by using a data-driven approach and incorporate into the decision making process.
- Act as the primary resource for accurate and timely data-driven decision support.
- Weight the pros and cons related to data extraction from available alternatives (e.g., availability of data, speed of query execution, reliability of the extracted data, ease of exporting and sharing data, etc.) to deliver on business demands.
- Analyze data and provide thoughtful commentary to help report users understand the value of the reported results.
- Perform analysis with an open mind that lets data and findings determine final conclusions.
- Build and maintain effective dashboards.
- Provide feedback and subsequent recommendations to Management relative to the analysis.
Data Analysis and Financial Implications:
- Analyze financial metrics and data, including items on the Profit and Loss (P&L) statement.
- Build decision matrices to help weigh the pros and cons of available alternatives, such as “What if” scenarios, which may be single or multi-variant in nature.
- Partner with the broader team to identify automation / efficiency opportunities to drive effective insights via visualization tools (as opposed to current excel approach).
Recurring & Ad-hoc Reporting
- Build efficient queries for data using SQL and SQL-related tools to gather data from relational databases.
- Accountable for executing queries, data collection and data validation to be used by our Business Clients on an ad-hoc and reoccurring basis.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the business area of specialization. Specialized knowledge areas include (but are not limited to) reporting for returns, bad debt, the usage of EZ Pay and other promotional tools, price codes, sales, demand, airtime, promotions, purchase orders, inventory, drop-ship, and auto-delivery.
- Understand business priorities and create automated reporting to support those needs.
- Partner with I.T. to support Business Intelligence systems implementations throughout the System Development life cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience
- 3-5 years reporting and analytical experience, preferably within a Merchandising/Retail environment.
- Ability to quickly analyze data/situations and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on business in a complex/changing environment
- Advanced skills with BI tool- Microstrategy
- Ability to write SQL (oracle, teradata, netezza, mySql, etc.) using associated tools (TOAD, SQL Navigator, etc.)
- Excellent PC skills with a sound advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Excellent analytical ability; ability to leverage analytical work into results-oriented storytelling and actionable insights.
- Experience with UAT testing for business intelligence tools and data warehouse environments.
- Very strong communication skills required (written and oral).
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of work and reporting
- Need to be able to communicate with all levels within the Global Organization
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience with data visualization tool -Tableau