The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is a key position at PENSCO Trust Company. They work closely with end users and IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. It requires the BI Analysts to build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues. They ensure that the data is accurate, complete and reliable; and the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems. BI Analysts educate and train business partners and clients to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for analysis and optional exploration. Finally, the BI Analyst will understand and incorporate the PENSCO core values (wisdom, team before self, and never stop innovating) into their daily work.
- Work with Finance to analyze reports, spreadsheets and data models to build management reports.
- Work with Operations to define and track Resource Planning Model (RPM) data.
- Conduct information gathering interviews and obtain feedback from clients and customers
- Collect and extract data from data repositories for reporting, using querying techniques
- Explores the data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends
- Analyze the data needs of the company and produce an effective database system to meet those needs while ensuring the data is of the highest quality which consist of the following: Accurate, complete, consistent, unique and secure.
- Develop new analytical models and techniques for company to standardize data collection
- Work with business and development teams to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports.
- Creates specifications for reports based on business needs and required or available data elements.
- Create summary reports of a compnay's current standings
- Present recommendtions to senior management about ways to increase efficiency
- Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems
- Collaborate with client representatives, business analyst and other members of the development team to develop the best database solutions that meet business requirements.
- Promotes a constructive, positive team environment and maintains a spirit of openness, information sharing, inquisitiveness, problem-solving and support for common goals.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks requiring software/database development skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to share recommendations with colleagues
- Superior leadership abilities, as well as abilitiy to work with team members on a data science project
- Creative problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Abilitiy to work within a diverse workforce that is orientied around customer satisfaction
- Database design and data architecture
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server and Postgres
- Experience with fact tables, dimentional tables and star schemas
- Familiar with OLAP, ROLAP and MOLAP
- Data mining and analytics
- Data security and privacy
- Data visualization, including tools such as PowerBI and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Handle all variants of SQL
- Proficient in ETL (extract, transform, load)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve performance issues with overall infrastructure.
- Strong proficiency for analyzing data.
- Must be able to interact with business stakeholders at all levels to gather requirements, create technical specification, and design and implement a solution.
- Willingness to challenge and change the status quo, bring new approaches and ideas to the table.
- Must have the ability to work independently and manage communication up and down.
- Ability to effectively use communication and negotiation skills to manage stakeholder relationships in a challenging IT environment
- Personally accountable for accuracy and on-time delivery of tasks.
- Strong Desire to learn with a "can do" attitude.
- Knowledge of basic database security practices
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field with three(3) or more years of experience. The ideal candidate for this position will be a well-rounded SQL developer with three or more years of Oracle PL/SQL development experience and 1 to 2years using the Microsoft BI Tool stack. Knowledge of replication, database mirroring and log shipping is desired. Experience in Financial Services industry preferred.