NAVIS is seeking a strong Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to transform data into insights that drive business value for external and internal clients. Using data analytics, data visualization and data modeling techniques and technologies, the BI Analyst identifies trends and insights that improve clients' and leaders' decision making abilities and modernizes internal processes. The BI Analyst intently listens to client and internal business needs and formulates actionable insights with data that addresses those needs.
Building a detailed understanding of the business is essential and enables the BI Analyst to identify and address critical issues. They will provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems. The BI Analyst educates clients and stakeholders on how to use the data as a power tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for the purpose of analysis and option exploration.
Our ideal candidate is highly organized, has the ability to manage multiple priorities and can successfully execute on business tasks, while bringing a balance of creativity and laser point attention to detail. We are looking for someone who is excited about using structured and unstructured data to tell our story and help us deliver a superior experience to our clients and stakeholders. This is a great opportunity for an energetic, go-getter with a passion for data, analytics, and hospitality!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with clients to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and develop BI and data warehouse (DW) strategy. This includes working with business and development teams to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports.
- Closely partner with department leaders to identify actionable insights.
- Be accountable for providing leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation and presentation of findings to all levels of management.
- Conduct analyses of functional business processes and functional business requirements and participate in the development of business cases in the support of process changes and/or IT projects.
- Understand how data is turned into knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key business processes.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the hospitality business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, the definition, philosophy, and foundational roots of a data element in order to create information.
- Provide product leadership and support to the System Consultant, Product Managers and Client Success Managers and identify up-sell opportunities for increased client operational entanglement.
SKILL & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance or similar
- At least three (3) years of experience within a client-focused business environment
- Technology skills including:
- Data warehouse
- Data modeling
- Data mining
- Business intelligence
- Tableau, QuickSight and data visualization
- Data analysis
- Business analysis
- Database management and reporting
- Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical and critical-thinking and problem-solving
- Ability to contribute both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent listening, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills