To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully.
- Identifies and recommends methods to normalize and maintain data from disparate systems. Works closely with ETL Developers throughout the EDW development lifecycle.
- Works with internal and external data users to identify requirements to deliver high quality BI solutions and analyses and takes ownership for data and report quality.
- Translates and documents results of requirements gathering into a standard format to be used to create the appropriate Business Intelligence (BI) solution.
- Leads in the collection of system/business requirements and the documentation of business and technical data dictionaries/metadata and specifications in support of complex strategic EDW solutions. Prepares documentation for ETL Developers for integration of new data into EDW.
- Applies industry standards to the technical architecture of a Business Intelligence solution (Stars, Cubes, etc.) to solve business problems or increase business efficiency.
- Manages user acceptance testing of reporting modules, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
- Establishes data quality standards and data governance protocols.
- Coordinates with ETL Developers to create and support Business Intelligence environment.
- Identifies and works with appropriate staff to resolve technical issues.
- Provides on-going data consultation, including training end users on data usage and BI tools
- Collects and analyzes external market data to provide benchmarks for comparison purposes
- Performs additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Five to eight years related experience
Four-year college degree or equivalent in related field.
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
- Strong knowledge and experience using T-SQL and MS-SQL - (MCSE Certification preferred)
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse architecture, data modeling, data cubes, etc. and experience using SQL query techniques to access SQL Server or other relational databases.
- Data reporting and analytics competencies (content knowledge)
- Experience with detailed data analysis over complex data systems, including many-to-many databases
- Experience with management of BI systems for a large organization
- Advanced level skill for Excel
- Intermediate knowledge in analytical software such as Tableau, Power BI, Oracle, Google Analytics
- SSMS or SSIS experiencepreferred
Does not have managerial responsibility.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Project management
- Adaptive to change
- Responds positively to altered circumstances or conditions
- Effective communication skills with technical team members as well as business partners. Able to distill complex ideas into straightforward language