Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Lead Business Intelligence Analyst for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data frominternal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications forreports and analysis based on business needs andrequiredor available data elements. May provide consultation to users and lead cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
- Leads and provides oversight in gathering complex and often unique business requirements by defining the business problem and data requirements.
- Utilizes a comprehensive understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead or direct the design, development and implementation of decision support solutions, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
- Partners with the business operations to ensure effective design of decision support solutions.
- Leads or directs the development of innovative approaches to address complex or unique business problems and solutions.
- A strategic partner with IT to influence the design, alignment, and implementation of technical standards to address appropriate business solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, or a related field required (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
- If Bachelor's degree, 8 or more years experience in data management or information technology function OR If Master's degree, 6 or more years experience in data management or information technology function OR If PhD, 5 or more years experience in data management or information technology function
- 3 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience working in an Agile environment working with IT Partners to develop Business solutions.
- Experience building robust visualizations in Tableau or Business Objects.
- Deposits, Credit Card, Lending, Marketing or Digital Analytics experience.
- Bank Financial/Operational Knowledge.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Job Number: R0016740