a BI professional at Indeed, your role is to be an expert at
understanding Indeed's data. We expect you to aid various teams in
drawing insight from our data. This includes creating dashboards, visualizations,
algorithms, and business tools for use across the organization. If
you're passionate about technology, love to learn, enjoy collaborating cross-functionally, and are excited to work with massive amounts of data, this is a great opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to a top-tier web site.
* Python Coding for reports, dashboards, and visualizations.
Using Python, Pandas, and Numpy to help your stakeholders improve their
performance, and sometimes designing algorithms to decipher deeper why
and how questions.
Understanding your business stakeholders' objectives, the metrics that
are the most important to them, and how they measure their performance.
* Turning business requirements into technical requirements.
* Finding and understanding the correct data sources for a given analysis.
* Learning from, and sharing knowledge and skills with your teammates to grow BI's total impact to the organization.
- 3+ Years of SQL. Must have the ability to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data
- 3+ years of solid Python programming skills to cleanse, manipulate, and present data, particularly using Pandas and Numpy
- 3+ years of Industry experience in a report development, data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting to everyone from entry-level employees to senior vice presidents
- Knowledge of ETL and data warehouse concepts and processes
- Ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences
- Sensitivity to clients' needs and able to develop warm client relationships
- Curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
- Creativity to determine the best solution for a real-world problem with quantitative data
- Experience with reporting, descriptive statistics, probability, and cleaning big datasets
- Willingness to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions
- Enjoyment from collaborating with others in team environment
- Eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Drive and self-reliance
- B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field.