Major Opportunities and Decisions:
- Works in partnership with management/staff as necessary, to ensure the accurate collection, analysis and distribution of customer data.
- Designs, builds, tests and ensures reports are implemented, maintained and updated based on established business requirements.
- Collaborate with leadership to provide meaningful and credible feedback on reporting capabilities and needs.
- Partners with IT, Database Administrators and business owners to ensure data/data sources need for reporting are defined and incorporated into the appropriate datamart.
- Conduct routine data validation to ensure data sources are correct and accurate.
- Extract data using SQL, Alteryx or Tableau.
- Assist and supports application development and maintenance of databases utilized within Group Operations Reporting.
- Responsible for creation, maintenance and publication of assigned reports.
- Ensures all reports/data-sets are created within guidelines.
- Tests new reporting system. Identify and report any problems to the appropriate parties.
- Analyze efficiency and functionality of reporting mechanisms and make recommendations for improvement.
- Drives the execution of work to achieve Group Operations Reporting goals and objectives.
- Assists with the development and/or monitoring of workflow, procedures, and metrics to track employee and department productivity, gathers and analyzes statistics and makes recommendation for Department improvements.
- Identify information needed, sources, and how to use tools to deliver analysis and reports.
- Analyzes data to identify trends impacting customer experience, provides information and recommendations to leadership.
- Collaborate with Leadership – provides meaningful and credible feedback on reporting capabilities and needs.
- Acts as liaison and partners with IT and the business process area to identify, implement and support systems and processes.
- Collaborates with process owners to define, scope and complete projects
- This position reports to the Manager, Group Operations Reporting and Analytics who, in turn, reports to the Assistant Vice President, Reporting and Analytics.
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive background in SQL
- Experienced in Tableau or similar tool
- Detailed and accurate
- Utilizes creative strategies to analyze and produce effective reports
- Must be a team player and able to effectively work with team members located in different locations
- Excellent time management
- Demonstrated effective communication
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with others
- Proven usage of fundamentals of requirements gathering, design and testing
- Understanding of database structures
- Problem solving and issue resolution skills necessary
- Demonstrates the ability to operate independently to design, develop, and prepare reports
- Applies well-defined and disciplined development, implementation, and production processes
- Continuously strives to provide superior products and customer service
- Expresses oneself in an open and honest manner
- Demonstrates self-awareness and embraces feedback
- Education Required: 3-5 years related experience in Business Intelligence
- Education Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology or equivalent.
- Knowledge of customer service and support operations/concepts
- Multiple years of interaction with business and technology partners to collect and translate business needs into deliverables.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Experience with Tableau, QlikView or similar technology preferred
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Proven ability in report creation and visualization