Seasoned and motivated Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join a growing team of Enterprise business intelligence helping our business stakeholders and operations gain data driven insights. This team partners with underwriting, operations, Actuarials and marketing to develop descriptive, prescriptive, and predictive states of the business and provide insights and analysis on trends and facilitate our business, including development and maintenance of underlying data tables. The team also designs and programs new processes and dashboards following corporate data governance model. This position is located in downtown Chicago, IL.
- Works with business partners through the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data using data querying and development
- Designs and develops new reports, dashboards, data tables, etc. to provide speed-to-data insight
- Enhances the efficiency, automation, and accuracy of existing reports
- Works cross functionally on business solutions as directed to develop and deliver sophisticated analytic solutions that support strategic business initiatives
- Follows best practices in data querying and manipulation to ensure data integrity
- Effectively communicates information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Provides support to business partners on creative analytical projects, including design of custom reports
- Subject matter expert in all aspects relating to data collection and analysis for internal customers
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing and business intelligence
- Experience and knowledge of P&C insurance industry is required; Strong knowledge of insurance products
- Strong SQL Development experience including SQL Queries, Stored procedures, SSIS, etc.
- Experience in SSMS, SSRS, SSAS,SSIS
- Experience with visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview) Power BI is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in ACORD model is a HUGE plus