UW Medicine Finance is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst, Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM), UW Medicine. This individual will be responsible for managing the daily activities related to managing the reporting related to the enterprise project portfolio. The BI Analyst will be part of a new group responsible for creating an EPM function at UW Medicine.
- The BI Analyst is expected to be an expert in crafting SQL queries to pull and aggregate data from various database systems. These systems could be financial or operational and include the new Project Portfolio Management platform.
- The Analyst is expected to validate this data with local experts, and then work with the EPM Department and Finance in creating & maintaining dashboards to be consumed by the executives at UW Medicine.
- Lead, design, and architect the definition of Project Portfolio Management (PPM) information management principles, guidelines, patterns, and standards around quantitative data accuracy, reporting and measurements.
- Co-develop the PPM measurement roadmap for the analytical evaluation for projects, programs, and portfolios. Identify measurement and technology trends/benchmarks and evaluate their impact on the global enterprise-wide portfolio.
- Survey and analyze leading best practice benchmarks for PPM techniques and processes.
- Create, update and maintain measurement related documentation.
- Support PPM end-users including providing system expertise and new user onboarding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Science, or Engineering AND six years of business intelligence analytics experience to include deploying dashboards, reporting solutions, and preparing visuals/analysis for executive consumption.
- Expertise with Business Intelligence (BI) concepts.
- Healthcare and financial analytics experience highly preferred.
- High levels of competency with: SQL, data visualization software (e.g., Tableau), PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel. Experience B2B or B2C software solutions preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence leaders, employees and teams to envision a different future state.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in all settings.
- Regardless of the venue (in-person, phone, or email/text), have the ability to behave as a consummate diplomat - demonstrating professional and patience in demeanor during challenging situations.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for stated requirements.
Master's degree preferred.