What You’ll Do (but is not limited to)
- Be the lead subject matter expert about the data, reports, tools, and modern business intelligence technologies in order to answer business questions, provide recommendations, and support strategic initiatives.
- Identify problems that can be solved with data science in the company. Develop, validate and execute algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions. Explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms
- Build highly optimized analysis using Big Query, Tableau, Java / Python / SQL from large data sets and present data trends or anomalies
- Cares deeply about data quality and demonstrates this commitment by attention to quality of data and code generated
- Answers important business questions by assembling data from disparate sources to track vital metrics (e.g. Churn, ARR, LTV, APRA etc.)
- Ensure that the business capability requirements align to the business intelligence and data strategy roadmaps, tools, and SLA.
- Partner with other data scientists, data / BI analysts, product, engineering owners
- Communicate activities, plans, and progress of business intelligence program to stakeholders.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Analytics, Accounting, or Finance
- Articulated with good presentation skills
- Driven, energetic, enthusiastic, detail-orientated, and passionate about solving difficult problems at all levels (conceptual, process and data)
- 3 to 5 years work experience providing analytical insights and business reports to product or business functions, analyzing large datasets with SQL, Tableau, and other data manipulation and visualization tools and using some data mining techniques, preferably in a SAAS company
- Experience in presenting insights to executive staff on a regular basis
- Critical thinking: ability to track down complex data and engineering issues, evaluate different algorithmic approaches, and analyze data to solve problems
- Sound knowledge of Scrum, Product Owner, and project management skills
- Ability to program in Java, C++, Python and/or write shell scripts, is a plus
- Knowledge of Finance, CSM, Install base, Marketing, Sales analytics