Education and Experience -- Required education, training, licenses, accreditation or certification and number of years and type of directly related experience. If applicable, please identify if an alternate "equivalency" of a combination of education and experience is sufficient.
Degree BS/MS Preferred major/area of study: Analytics or Data Driven Discipline
Number of years of supervisory/management experience (if any)
Number of years of experience ___5 to 8 years_____
Type of experience
- Proficiency in Business Intelligence reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau or similar, required.
- Strong knowledge of relational, SQL and dimensional databases
- Experience with data warehouse design patterns, cube/tabular model
- Advanced knowledge of SQL BI Tools (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Experience with Azure Cloud platform a plus
- Experience with ETL development is a strong plus
- Knowledge of Modelling Languages (R, Python), Big Data a plus
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision-making and communication skills; strong business acumen.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and the ability to rapidly understand the business and its drivers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to perform complex quantitative analysis and translate results into meaningful business insights
- Strong visual design skills used in creating information dense, easy to understand reports and dashboards
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work independently
- Must be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving, results oriented environment
- Must be able to clearly communicate stakeholder reporting needs
- Must be willing to work with and learn new technologies
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interface with Business, Analytics, and IT organizations
- Intermediate level EXCEL skills
Business Intelligence Analyst primary responsibility will be to provide data analytics and reporting to the various functions across the organization. This includes implementing solutions for optimizing and automating existing reporting as well as leveraging business intelligence reporting tools such as Power BI to create and monitor key performance indicators and operational metrics. Detail-oriented, strong communicator, incredibly curious, and technically capable with a desire to discover and deliver data-driven business insights. This role is critical to fuel data-driven culture and to help make informed business decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop reporting assets that provide consistent, reliable and automated delivery of data
- Work with end-users and developers to define data requirements and structure for Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Partner with business stakeholders to set clear business KPIs and build dashboards that provide timely and strategic insights
- Collaborate across the organization to build solutions that serve multiple areas of the business
- Act as a knowledge resource for internal questions, concerns and ideas around business solutions within each department
- Manage life cycle of new analytics from assessment, initiation, development, staging, production, and institutionalization and works independently on end to end solutions, from data investigation to visual dashboards
- Proficient with tools such as SQL Studio, Power BI, Tableau, or MicroStrategy to produce, maintain, develop, and enhance routine reports, new reports, and ad-hoc requests.
- Maintain and support existing metrics, KPIs, reports and dashboards, troubleshoot production issues and performance tuning
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and report findings and make recommendations to company leadership.
- Responsible for accessing, validating, and querying data from data repositories using available tools (including SQL, Power BI).