Location: Boston MA
Industry: Financial Services/ Private Equity
Experience : 5-7Years
Our Company is looking to constantly improve access to information across the organization and support greater self-service. We are currently replacing some of our core systems and using this as an opportunity to rethink our current reporting strategy.
This position will play a key role in helping to implement our new reporting strategy. For assigned projects, they will communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and develop functional requirements. They will drive data prototyping sessions to ensure the business requirements are well understood prior to development and will partner withdevelopers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision, analyzing tradeoffs between usability and performance needs. In addition, they will partner with quality assurance and users to ensure the deliverables are adequately tested and ongoing quality checks are incorporated.
In addition, this individual will help the business analyze the data to answer specific business questions either in an ad hoc fashion, or to help develop requirements for user dashboards and reports.
.Job Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, speaking to technical and non-technical communities
- Experience working directly with business clients to facilitate defining business requirements and/or BI solutions (ability to work in an Agile manner)
- Creative problem solver who is confident presenting new ideas to Business Users as well as IT staff
- Confident self-starter capable of setting plans and driving projects to completion
- Experience with BI tools (MicroStrategy, Business Objects, etc) or Visualization Tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc) for the financial services industry
- Experience with report, dashboard and other analytical tool design/creation/maintenance
- Problem solving skills, ability to dissect complex situations and troubleshoot solutions
- Experience with data analysis and strong presentation abilities
- Familiar with Private Equity, Finance and Accounting concepts and nomenclature
- Familiar with Software Quality Assurance concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience with SQL and/or relational databases
- Good time management abilities
- Strong affinity for data and attention to detail