We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for eliciting, analyzing and documenting data provisioning and reporting needs on projects.Accountabilities:
- Acts as a liaison, facilitating and communicating data requirements among business and IT stakeholders.
- Analyzes and mines data to identify patterns and correlations; communicates data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Analyzes business data domains and provides solution recommendations for data delivery; follows a logical process and helps prepare alternatives in a way that enables decision making.
- Analyzes business problems and makes recommendations for creative solutions.
- Analyzes reports to shape data either as a table structure, flattened table structure when data is hierarchical or by presenting it as materialized view when complex data transformations are needed.
- Determines impacts to integrated systems because of new types of data and changes to existing data models.
- Facilitates and leads interviews with business and technology stakeholders to coordinate comprehensive needs and potential inter-dependencies.
- Facilitates, prioritizes and proposes business process re-designs to maximize process results.
- Maps and traces data from system to system in order to solve a given business or system problem.
- Supports medium to large complex projects involving ambiguity and risk encompassing multiple cross-functional business areas.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4+ years' data analysis experience.
- 3 years' experience using SQL, AWS.
- Experience with relational databases, PostgreSQL preferred; SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 are also acceptable.
- Experience with Tableau, Business Objects reporting tools.
- Exposure to working on an Agile software development team.
- Knowledge of annuity insurance is strongly preferred.
- Process- and detail-oriented with the ability to grasp complex business workflows and processes.
- Proficient in Project Management and SDLC processes; awareness of Agile/Iterative approaches.
- Experience with Github, Jira, Confluence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Analysis or equivalent work experience.