The Business Intelligence Analyst (BIA) drives Agile (SCRUM, Kanban) requirements, as a Product Owner, for our Business Intelligence, Datawarehouse, and Reporting platforms. This candidate will be responsible for engaging with business and technology partners to convert their data needs and analysis ideas into development user stories. Equally as an analyst, this role, develops, produces, and disseminates a broad range of operational MIS and business data analysis that will support the evolution of a performance metric driven company culture.
- Query and analyze databases using T-SQL
- Perform data validation, troubleshooting, data analysis, and recommendations for both broad and defined business needs.
- Provide data in a visual representation tool such as MS PowerBI, MS PowerView, IBM Cognos, etc.
- Manage and organize multiple product backlogs to maximize value and business outcomes, including eliciting feature requests and feedback.
- Participate in planning, daily scrum meetings, and grooming with development team.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Participate with product managers, BI development team, internal stakeholders and product support and engineering.
- Provide advice, clarification, and guidance to the team during product execution and introduction.
- Provide clear and concise User Stories and User Acceptance Criteria for development and quality assurance.
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At American Campus Communities - we are all groundskeepers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Translate business strategy into tactical development plans.
- Prioritize competing priorities, estimate efforts, and make decisions in ambiguous situations with limited supervision.
- Experience with requirements gathering and User Acceptance Testing sessions with multiple business teams and documenting feedback to improve the overall results of the solutions.
- Experience with one or more variety of Business Intelligence and visualization tools and platforms (IE. Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos, SAS, Tableau, etc…), including implementation, and use.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices and proficient in T-SQL for both analysis and validation.
- Knowledge of data warehouse analysis and design, methodologies, and data modeling.
- Strong analytical skills to resolve technically complex problems and obtain end-user results.
- Familiar with Project Management, Change Control, Incident Management, IT Controls/Audits (Sarbanes-Oxley) and System Development Lifecycles in an Agile environment.
- Systematic, detailed, organized approach to work, with a curious, creative approach to challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Technical Capacity.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Time Management.
- 1+ year experience developing BI solutions with one or more of the market leading tools (e.g. IBM Cognos, Business Objects, MS SSRS/SSAS).
- 2+ product owner/management experience.
- 5+ years of progressive IT experience.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Business Administration, or related technical field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of change management, process documentation and testing tools.
- Broad knowledge of systems and business processes in use for the relevant business areas.
- JIRA and other Atlassian Products.
- Good understanding of and experience with people management, regulations, systems and procedures.
- Strong business analysis skills with a track record of working closely with business groups.
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Group facilitation skills.
- Time management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Soft skills and ability to build good working relationships cross-functionally and across other projects.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal oversight of manager.
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
Certificates and Licenses: