Florida Hospital seeks to hire a Business Intelligence Analyst who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1908, Florida Hospital is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The Maitland Office Plaza houses our highly skilled teams that support our hospital system including Marketing, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Management, the Credit Union and Human Resources. The Trickel Building, a two-story office structure, creates an atmosphere of health and healing, with a healthy-style café and quaint chapel. The main lobby is filled with lush greenery and a light trickle of water, creating a holistic environment.
Monday – Friday; 8a – 5p
Under general direction, performs a wide range of duties to analyze, produce and compile routine and specific reports of past, present, and future statistics/trends for the benefit of management and operational decision making. Interacts with Senior Finance Officers, Revenue Cycle Directors and Assistant Directors. Performs research, collects data, and skillfully organizes and presents the analysis to management in written and/or oral format. Adheres to Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Ability to use discretion when discussing personnel/patient related issues that are confidential
- Ability to be responsive to ever-changing matrix of hospital needs and act accordingly
- Ability to analyze fairly complex computer related problems within the department and perform effectively while working within tight time constraints
- Proficiency in performance of basic math functions and capable of communicating professionally with use of English and spelling
- Ability to compile and analyze information on trended data
- Ability to work in a project-oriented environment with people of various backgrounds
- Proficiency in creating statistical spreadsheets using macros and formulas, and has expert knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Business Objects and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and meet deadlines
- Ability to present information to all levels of management
- Ability to relate operational and financial performance in the healthcare environment and utilize basic knowledge of healthcare payment methods
- Critical thinking skills and ability to exercise objective, independent judgment in developing financial recommendations for management
- Self-motivated, with a detail-oriented focus, and outstanding customer service skills
- Knowledge of Florida Hospital Information Systems, including Suncare, Cerner, Qlikview and Query Management Facility (QMF) (Preferred)
- Knowledge of coding, Care Management, Utilization Management, Readmissions, Post-Acute Placement, and population health (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management, Economics, Finance, Healthcare Management, Hospitality Management, Nursing or a healthcare/business related field, OR
- Three to four (3-4) years of progressive healthcare experience in business/clinical analytics or equivalent
- Master’s degree in related business or healthcare field (e.g., MBA, MHA, MPH or MSN) (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current, active State of Florida license as a Registered Nurse (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Meets deadlines for established goals in an accurate and efficient manner in all aspects of projects.
- Analyzes reports and existing customer scorecards to discern trends and potential areas of improvement.
- Provides vital feedback to operational owners on performance enhancement and works with end users to optimize areas of opportunity.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining overall operational reports to be used as tools to make vital decisions as requested from Management and Adventist Health System Corporate Directors or Florida Hospital Administration.
- Creates queries and compiles weekly, monthly and quarterly reports timely and effectively using Structure Query Language (SQL)/Business Objects interface as requested by Senior Management.
- Compiles weekly, monthly or quarterly reports such as length of stay, Diagnosis-Related Group (DRG) case mix, readmissions and more.
- Develops and deploys plans to ensure department productivity and/or continued progress towards goals. Follows up with operational owners to address any concerns with sustainability of reports or projects.
- Performs wide range of duties in support of total department efficiency.
- Remains current with all assigned reading and department Computer Based Learning (CBL) education plans.
- Facilitates smooth and efficient operation of department by being available and prepared to work during scheduled working hours and attends meetings as requested by management. Willing to seek extra work, accepts new responsibilities, and adapts to potential departmental change. Accepts and profits from direction and constructive feedback. Prioritizes multiple projects, meets project deadlines, and manages multiple customer relationships.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Business Intelligence Analyst opportunity with Florida Hospital and apply online today.
Business Analyst, Business Intelligence, Revenue, Maitland