$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
This position supports the entire Business Intake and Conflicts Department ("BIC Department"), the Conflicts Counsel, and the Firm Counsel in responding to all new business requests submitted firm wide, including requests related to existing and potential new clients as well as requests related to new hires, external publications, and requests for proposal.
The primary responsibility of the Business Intake and Conflicts Analyst ("Analyst") is to implement and maintain an efficient, robust intake and conflicts system by leveraging technical skills and a deep understanding of the BIC Department's staff and priorities.
The Analyst is proficient in individually crafting search strategies, performing a first round of review on all search results, and filtering out false hits prior to submitting results for attorney approval. Conflicts database management and good knowledge management skills are key functions of the Analyst role. The Analyst is frequently called upon to route and triage requests and serve as the key liaison with outside vendors
. The Analyst's responsibilities extend beyond the day-to-day flow of new business and involve testing, troubleshooting, and strategizing with a cross-departmental team charged with the task of designing, maintaining, and improving the conflicts/intake system.
The Analyst fosters open communication with all stakeholders and facilitates training and ongoing education to identify areas of challenge and maintain a responsive system that meets the Firm's risk management goals.
1. New Business Intake: As needed, assist Business Intake and Conflicts Specialists/Coordinator by responding in a timely manner to requests. Incorporate information from emails, comments, and phone conversations to ensure that search includes all parties. Resolve prospective search data by referencing search/request ID and filter hits prior to sending results for attorney review. Coordinate with Accounting Department to process approved requests and resolve intake inconsistencies. Delegate requests for attorney review, when appropriate.
2. Waivers: As needed, collaborate with BIC Department members to draft, send, and track receipt of waivers.
3. Ethical Walls: Work with BIC Department members to construct, monitor, and disable ethical walls.
4. Database Management: Correct inconsistent party information on requests as submitted. Assist with identification of additional parties based on information from various sources. Identify and perform large-scale projects to reconcile party information in the conflicts database. Discover new ways to manage data and submit enhancement requests to vendors as necessary.
5. New Business Report (a/k/a "Summary List of New Matters"): As needed, assist Business Intake and Conflicts Specialists/Coordinator by generating the daily New Business Report. Suppress confidential data and answer questions from staff and attorneys regarding content on report. Coordinate with other departments to reconfigure Report in order to meet the needs of stakeholders.
6. Systems Maintenance: Field questions from staff and attorney users regarding intake/conflicts software. Work closely with BIC Department members to provide comprehensive conflict/intake training with all new hires and on an ongoing basis to Firm employees. Maintain detailed instructional training documents catered to different audiences. Coordinate with inter-departmental design team to identify areas for improvement with vendors and follow up with testing to verify changes within the system.
7. Miscellaneous: Recommend process/service improvements, solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy to better meet the needs of both internal and external clients.
Ensure that services are delivered effectively and efficiently; ensure compliance with Firm policies and procedures; assist in the development of office or department procedures and processes; attend regular staff meetings and training; work effectively with other departments and work groups, including timely follow-up and frequent communications. Exercise independent judgment and discretion.
Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to leverage firm and department resources to provide a timely and thorough response to all incoming inquiries; produce quality work that upholds the expectations set by the goals of the BIC department; work independently and efficiently. Must be able to listen and respond to all inquiries in a professional and sensitive manner, and navigate various communication styles to effectively deliver analysis and give advice that is informed, objective, and succinct.
Must be able to handle sensitive or difficult issues with confidence and professionalism; leverage technology to maintain an appropriately lean operation and promote efficiency across the firm.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree required, and at least 5 years' experience in performing conflicts analyst functions in a large law firm. Must have experience with conflicts database management; experience with Elite Enterprise or similar billing system preferred. Familiarity with Intapp Open, Business Acceptance, Walls, integrate, and/or Time preferred. Completion of Intapp Open Administrator Training or equivalent certification preferred.
Valid Through: 2019-10-24