Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on assessing market driven business landscape, provide forecasting and analytics as it relates to Sales growth and identify expansion opportunities to internal Sales teams? Can you structure and present customer facing analytics outlining business agility and comparative edge gained in light of Return on Investment (ROI) due to migrating and running applications on AWS by engaging directly with C-level executives, IT professionals and influencers at all levels? Can you collect data and build models to help customers decipher through complexity of Cloud pricing and outline main levers of comparison relevant to their use case, so that they are making an informed decision when faced with competitive offers? Are you good at defining and quantifying business value, levers of cost optimization, process improvement, and tooling? Do you have a knack for analyzing business deals, and for developing deal terms that a create win-win scenarios for all parties? Are you good at defining and communicating streamlined deal workflows, and building consensus around approaches? Do you have the business background, depth of analytical skills and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in cloud computing? If the answer is yes to all, this is a perfect role for you.
Worldwide Public Sector Functional Business Operations under Amazon Web Services (AWS) is currently looking for WWPS Business Insights Manager to support our internal and external current and potential customers in order to help them shape their information technology strategies and IT financial models, and solidify the benefits of running applications in the cloud. To do this, you will work across multiple departments within AWS: Sales, Operations, Product Teams, Finance, Partners, and Business Desk team members to provide our customers further insights into value proposition of AWS, and help to expand our market presence across WWPS verticals. You will identify economic barriers to adoption of AWS with these customers and develop repeatable strategies and models to overcome these barriers. You will communicate the economic value proposition for AWS to a broad audience of IT leaders. You will also be expected to be the focal point within WWPS for Private Pricing related reporting, market intelligence and research activities. Additionally, this role may supplement end to end analysis of business deals and working with our customers and sales organization to design new and innovative selling tactics leading to long term strategies.
The candidate should possess a Finance and IT consulting background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of startups and also large enterprises. The candidate will have the Financial depth and business experience to easily communicate the economic benefits of cloud computing to IT C-Level executives. The ideal candidate has a background in deal financial construction, business operations and optimization, sales and a background that enables them to model terms that reflect the best interests of the business and the customer. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with former experience of developing KPI's around main levers of business strategy and processes, and also be familiar with complex legacy IT environments and data center economics (including data center migration and refresh cycles, with common enterprise virtualization environments).
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Capture, Proposals, & Business Desk and multi-vertical Sales teams in helping to drive AWS Marketing and Sales engagements with our customers regarding the competitive economics and financial benefits of AWS.
• Develop a comprehensive set of KPI's and a repository of financial models allowing to address market driven bids and Private Pricing scenarios.
• Create newsletter updates to WWPS Sales and other customer facing teams in order to identify major trends in the industry, and provide financial basis and informational awareness to help address market driven scenarios as they arise.
• Create, maintain, and report a bottoms up detailed forecast across each vertical allowing for visibility of opportunities for Private Pricing by account manager, and manage pipeline progress report in order to provide visibility to Sales leaders and Business Desk vertical leads. This report will eventually reside in Tableau and be utilized as performance metrics and total forecast by vertical.
• Take over Tableau reporting for Business desk as it relates to Private Pricing KPI's and general internal information sharing.
• Work side-by-side with WWPS Cloud Economics group and co-develop and continuously improve financial models addressing Staff Productivity, Operational Resilience, and Business Agility. This will allow to further present to our customer's full value proposition gained with AWS services beyond immediate cost savings, and address market driven situations.
• In conjunction with Training, help create market intelligence framework to be shared with WWPS sales, AWS partners, and AWS customers themselves so that they can be self-sufficient in addressing the demands of the market.
• Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks for market intelligence and customer financial and economic constraints of engagement with AWS.
• Work with new program offerings via creation of financial models which will support strategic implementation and business cases as needed.
• Serve as a central resource for the Sales team to help our customers build detailed financial models for their current and future IT landscape.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• 7+ years of financial consulting, pricing, IT management and analytics.
• BA/BS degree in Operations, Finance, or Economics.
• Proficiency in Excel Modeling, with strong emphasis on financial and process optimization modeling, service investments, and detailed scenario analysis and functionality tradeoffs.
• Experience with Tableau.
• Demonstrated experience working with senior IT and business members of executive team, IT outsourcing vendors and cloud service providers to analyze implementation and optimization options for on-premise and cloud IT Infrastructures.
• Management or Financial Consulting background highly desired
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
• Must exemplify the Amazon Leadership Principles.
• Knowledge of scripting SQL, VBA and database design, is a plus.
• Knowledge of Tableau as an advance user (KPI report structuring, BI analytics) - highly preferred.
• The right person will have strong business sense and be highly analytical.
• Will be capable of understanding the complexities of IT environments.
• Must exhibit ownership and drive- this is a hands-on role.
• Experience with data center migration and IT refresh analysis is highly desired.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and training.
• Detail oriented with excellent analytical, quantitative and investigative skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Comfortable in a team environment with changing priorities.
• Works effectively with virtual team members across the globe.
• Highly motivated with ability to work independently and drive results; a self-starter.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Valid through: 9/23/2021