Business Initiatives Consultant 3 - Governance Committee Liaison
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Responsible for leading cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives that are larger in scope and complexity. Examples might include, but are not limited to: finance / operational / executive management review coordination, process improvement and redesign, change management initiatives, ongoing oversight of a leadership / diversity / recognition / Q12 or general program oversight. Provides leadership to other consultants and analysts in the integration/implementation of programs/services/initiatives with cross functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary. Develops metrics and tracks/evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives. Ensures plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations. May manage a small team.
This individual contributor will join the Strategic Enterprise Risk Management team (“SERM”) and its oversight enterprise risk governance function to liaise with the corporate secretary and provide guidance around multiple management-level risk governance committees. Committee coverage could include oversight for both risk and business type committees. This individual will also assist with additional ad-hoc projects for SERM.
Specifically the person in this role will:
(1) Serve as Supporting Liaison for Multiple Management Level Committees
- Provide coordination to support senior leaders and corporate secretary to consistently deliver management level committee materials to committee members and senior leaders
- Partner closely with committee secretaries and delegates to enhance committee functioning by providing overall guidance and acting as a Subject Matter Expert to determine go-forward structures and identify efficiencies
- Partner with supporting senior leaders and the corporate secretary of each committee to provide consistency in management level committee meeting materials through assisting with agenda planning, requesting board materials and reports, reviewing materials and reports and keeping all information organized and in a central location
- Assist with the monitoring and tracking of escalation and follow up items for presentation or review by the respective management level committee
- Review meeting materials in advance of designated management level committee meetings for consistent use of required templates and format and request updates to materials when necessary
- Contribute to policy updates relating to committee management
(2) Carry out responsibilities of enterprise risk governance oversight function
- Partner with Board level Committee liaisons to identify best-practices and information sharing between management-level risk and Board committees
- Serve as the centralized point of contact for all committee process questions, such as how to establish/authorize subcommittees, plan agendas, document credible challenge, escalate issues, etc.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain templates to promote consistency across management-level risk committees
- Manage communication flow to committee secretaries through update meetings and SharePoint site
(3) Support Strategic Enterprise Risk Managerment Team
- Support or lead efforts related to regulatory work, as needed
- Support other communication activities, as needed
- Contribute to or lead ad hoc projects, as needed
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 5+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, implement, and deliver business objectives
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Large-scale project management skills
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in governance and oversight roles, ideally in a committee support function
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.