Business Initiatives Consultant 2: Change Management
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The PVSI Shared Services Group supports the delivery of programs, projects and initiatives that will radically accelerate delivery of high quality experience for our customers. The Project Management Shared Services (PMSS) team is designed to accelerate and support delivery by focusing on data-driven continuous improvement, superior partnership, sustained organizational growth and team member development.
The PMSS team is seeking a talented and experienced Business Initiatives Consultant. The PM Shared Services (PMSS) team supports the needs of our program and project delivery teams but also maintains and collaborates with multiple enterprise organizations like the EPMO, Operational Risk, Corporate Services and other Group PMOs to effectively manage processes, communication and sharing of knowledge and expertise to benefit Wells Fargo and the PVSI team.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for leadership of cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of change management and continuous improvement programs, services and initiatives.
Examples might include, but are not limited to:
- PVSI specific operational processes and services to ensure alignment of project teams to these processes and services / management reports & review coordination, process improvement and redesign, or general program oversight.
- Provides leadership in the integration/implementation of programs/services/initiatives with cross functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary.
- Develops metrics and tracks/evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives.
- Ensures plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations.
The selected candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Analyzes data and performs deep dive analysis of PVSI GPMO change management and continuous improvement initiatives
- Works across PVSI GPMO leaders to assess needs, opportunities for continuous improvement of communication, processes and support structures to the PVSI Project Management team members
- Leads cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute on the services that support PVSI GPMO adoption of EPM Methodologies, validates the readiness and completion of project management onboarding processes, and validates project manager skills readiness
- Provides regular metrics and reporting regarding initiative progress and opportunities for further improvement
- Consults with leadership to strategize, plan and execute on specific improvement targets and initiatives within PVSI GPMO and/or business teams
- Thrives in a rapidly evolving and—at times—ambiguous environment
- Maintains a positive “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrates a willingness to embrace change and to “step-up” to take on new opportunities from an entrepreneurial spirit
- Communicates appropriately and effectively in both written, verbal and non-verbal channels
- Demonstrates the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Build strong partnerships and focuses on collaboration
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives
- Experience translating business needs into complex analysis, designs and recommendations
- Ability to manage process discovery, process modeling, and process improvement activities
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to manage moderate-scale initiatives including stakeholders across business and technical teams
- Previous experience leading and facilitating organizational change
- Previous expertise in developing change management plan
- Coordinating with Learning and Development to ensure appropriate change training is taking place
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, and Project) skills
- Experience analyzing data and performing deep dive analysis of business processes and identifying opportunities and solutions.
- Experience in the development of roadmaps, strategies, and management of programs/initiatives from concept to execution to closeout
- Knowledge/expertise in process improvement methodologies not limited to: Six Sigma, BPM, Lean, and etc.
- Previous Project Management experience
- Experience in coordinating structured learning/sharing/networking activities across a professional unit