At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Data Management Solutions (DMS) organization within Data Management & Insight provides holistic and consistent data management capabilities to Wells Fargo. This includes domain management, data quality monitoring, metadata management, data lake management, and master/reference data management.
This newly created role will report to the Report Documentation Lead and partner with Data Management Solutions/Data Management & Insight leaders, strategists, and line of business partners to plan and execute program-specific Organizational Design and Change Management activities. This role focuses on providing guidance and oversight to the execution of Change Management Strategy (i.e., communications, training, stakeholder engagement) and Target Operating Model implementation for the Data Management Solutions organization.
Report Mapping & Issue Identification:
The Report Mapping & Issue Identification (RMII) team within DMS creates an end-to-end view of the in-scope Governance & Oversight (G&O) Risk and Regulatory reports; this includes identifying people, processes, and data used to create and produce the reports, as well as associated risks, controls, issues, and gaps.
The Business Initiatives Consultant 2 will be accountable for fulfilling Enterprise Data Governance, Regulatory and Risk Reporting Governance & Oversight (G&O) Framework, and Policy and Standards for COSO Compliance requirements across regulatory and risk reports in-scope. The may include management of a small team that consist of Wells Fargo team members and contractors.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Executes the documentation of end-2-end data/processes for RMII in-scope Risk and Regulatory reports
- Facilitate detailed alignment of financial product data elements to reporting logic to ensure accurate regulatory reporting
- Review and ensure system logic and definitions are consistently applied to similar financial products and work with business partners to ensure data in systems of record are aligned
- Leverage COSO principles, data management standards, and other skills to ensure compliance with G&O Framework, COSO, and EDG requirement/policies
- Assessing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for IT controls impacted by internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going IT control compliance with COSO policies (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters
- Collaborate and coordinate with executive and key leaders to maintain commitment to Report Mapping & Issue Identification (RMII) strategic objectives
- Partner with Relationship Management function as the conduit to SMEs within the Lines of Business
- Provides specialized, in-depth technical expertise and consultation to business and systems management.
- Partnering with support groups (Governance & Oversight, Data Management, Analytics, Change Management, and Technical Interpretations) to improve the control environment
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
Other Desired Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor, (CISA) Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (CISSP) or Six Sigma designation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory reporting: Federal Reserve, OCC, and SEC
- Management consulting experience at a top-tier consulting firm
- Experience with general ledgers and accounting policies
- Experience in IT audit and/or IT SoX advisory/consulting service
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo COSO, G&O Framework and EDG requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate governance, financial reporting systems, legal entities, and role of regulatory authorities
- Ability to gather data requirements
- Ability to work with a variety of source data formats
- Ability to conceptualize and implement new analytic approaches and methodologies
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.