At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Looking to advance your career within Information Security? The Business Information Security Leader (BISL) provides the business divisions with overall information security leadership and is the central information security advocate for the assigned business division. The BISL is a specialist in information security program components, including identity and access management, cyber security, IS governance, vulnerability management and technical security solutions!
- Promotes corporate security awareness activities, implements security awareness concepts and builds and presents security status reports for assigned business stakeholders
- Supervises risk indicators and compliance with IS program elements, policies, standards and directives.
- Integrates CISO priorities into day-to-day business.
- Assists in the definition and implementation of IS standards and directives at the business level to ensure that procedures and practices are in compliance.
- Participates in the IS community on cross-business / functional opportunities.
- Educates and advises the business on safe IS practices and current, changing, and/or recommended IS requirements.
- Provides periodic IS risk management reports highlighting key issues, trends, and areas of emerging risk.
- Uses the IS network to pool resources, seek out best practices, and build efficiencies.
- Drives constructive procedural changes to ensure effective risk-based implementation of IS requirements.
- Establishes relationships with business leaders and is consulted as a domain expert in multiple areas.
- Proactively leads risk and control through the identification, escalation, and solution development for compliance and audit issues including direct interaction and coordination with internal control officers.
We build partnerships to provide requirements, secure design and solutions to bolster our defense in depth architecture!
The BISL advises business division stakeholders of security controls, customer security requirements, and regulatory security controls with the objective of minimizing the businesses’ information risk exposure and is accountable for all IS activities that are relevant to the business.
- At least 10+ years of combined IT and IS work experience with broad exposure to infrastructure/network and legacy environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Other related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working in IS programs including, but not limited to, Audit, Risk Management, Awareness & Training, Identity Access & Management, Information Protection, Incident Management, Cybersecurity, and Vulnerability Assessment.
- Strong familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems and cloud provider ecosystems like AWS and Azure.
- Practical knowledge of cloud services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security
- Knowledge of key government regulations and laws.
- A good understanding of Security frameworks including ISO27001/NIST/SANs/CIS.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Strong risk analysis, customer service, problem solving, and consulting skills.
- Organizational, influence / conflict resolution, verbal and written communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with others
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, program management and relationship management skills.
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.