Working both independently and in a team environment, you will be responsible for improvement project management, improvement portfolio coordination, technical/financial analysis, and cross-functional facilitation. The position requires a unique blend of business acumen, technical, analytical and communication skills with a continuous process improvement mindset. It is best suited for an engineer or someone with a strong technical background who would like to gain exposure to the wide breadth of technical, commercial, and organizational aspects of the HyCO Americas business. You should be people-oriented, technically sound, and passionate about improving business performance. You must be a highly motivated, self-starter with strong interpersonal and analytical skills who is capable of rapidly learning, managing change, and influencing stakeholders at every level of the organization. Associated with the position is the potential for growth within the role and beyond commensurate with the candidate's skills and development.
- Improvement Project Management:
- Lead teams of subject matter experts in a wide array of improvement projects, seeking to: improve facility reliability, capacity, & efficiency; reduce maintenance & other procured cost; and streamline the organization's work processes. Develop improvement project scope and objectives. Conduct data collection and analysis to identify the proper course of action for each project. Manage implementation of improvement project recommendations. Ensure sustained results through proper use of automated systems and work processes.
- Improvement Portfolio Coordination:
- Engage numerous facilities and support groups on a routine basis to coordinate improvement efforts across the HyCO Americas business. Facilitate routine reporting on improvement activities to business leadership. Collect and analyze data to support the yearly improvement planning process.
- Technical / Financial Analysis:
- Conduct ad-hoc data collection and analysis in support of critical business-wide initiatives. Estimate financial impact of improvement projects to enable prioritization and resource allocation between efforts. Provide statistical analysis in support of improvement projects led by others.
- Cross-Functional Facilitation:
- Facilitate structured discussions with diverse teams of subject matter experts to: identify new improvement opportunities; conduct root cause investigation to improve safety and reliability performance; and quickly and rigorously generate improvement recommendations for targeted facilities or work processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical preferred). MBA an asset
- 5+ years of relevant experience within process, technical, operations or manufacturing role(s). Experience leading project teams preferred. Experience in a field operations/manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, think critically, and work pragmatically to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Power Point. Experience with statistical software (e.g. Minitab) preferred.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement tools/techniques/methods (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.). Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt preferred.