Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
- Provides the business with a pro-active BHR service and takes action to ensure the business has the caliber of employees which can meet the corporate objectives whilst demonstrating the Abbott values. Builds relationships across the business to ensure that HR are viewed as adding value, business partners.
- Liaises with Practice Centers to ensure the site(s) receive a cohesive HR service which is seamless. Liaises with Practice Centers pro-actively to improve client experience.
- Liaises with external bodies as and when necessary to develop business relationships and representing the business when necessary to enhance the reputation of the company and to protect its interests.
- Manages employee relations, liaising with employees, Line Management and Senior Management to promote an equitable and fair working environment in alignment with local labor laws and internal policies
- Manages projects in a pro-active manner ensuring all the agreed milestones are delivered on time. Provides clear updates on progress to the business leaders.
- Advises business leaders in relation to organizational development and implements agreed plans.
- Carries out the administration of BHR ensuring efficient and effective communication.
- Reviews with clients performance, personal development plans, leadership profiles. Takes whatever action is required to ensure the level of performance meets the expectations of the business and the individual is being developed to meet the succession plan.
- Liaises with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure the site has the right talent at the right place at the right time.
- Manages and administrates all HR communications to the business through the management team and internal communication systems.
- Carries out other duties as and when required.
- BA/BSc in business or human resources. MBA or advanced degree desirable
- At least 5 years of experience as BHR generalist in a multinational/large corporation environment with a proven track record in performance management, employee relations and internal consultancy skills.
- Regulated industry background (diagnostics, medical devices, healthcare, pharma) is highly desirable
- Proven resilience and ability to remain effective in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, dealing with changing and competing priorities
- Demonstrated strong judgement in proactively identifying and addressing organizational and talent gaps and escalating issues as required. This includes experience in scenario planning and problem solving
- Desire to learn and grow within the organization, including openness to relocate
- High integrity