: Engility and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Practice is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services to the Federal market. Engility is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission success.
Engility is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist the Benefits, Appeals & Memorial Affairs (BAM) portfolio in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Engility is seeking a Business/Financial Analyst to support budget planning/execution and acquisition package development activities across a broad spectrum of IT projects.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Draft acquisition packages, work with stakeholders to develop acquisition requirements, draft required documentation, and edit acquisition package based on feedback.
- Develop and maintain program acquisition plans and documentation.
- Track status of all acquisitions ensuring deadlines and timeframes are met.
- Provide support in the areas of budget, billing, reporting and financial management for IT initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate the development of Fiscal Year (FY) planning and oversight.
- Support required reporting on budget usage by tracking and monitoring expenditures on awarded contracts (e.g. burn rate calculations, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) reporting, etc.)
- Analyze IT budgets and plans, assessing linkages between IT functions, activities and funding.
- Monitor annual OMB Exhibit 300 submissions.
- Act as a business consultant and advisor on financial matters (e.g. recommending acquisition strategies, facilitating spend plan decisions/changes, providing functional area subject matter expertise on the federal budget and acquisition process, etc.)
- Support budget prioritization/allocation planning efforts across the portfolio.
- Support responses to capital planning and other budget related data calls.
- Interface effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of VA and contractor project staff, including portfolio, program and project managers, Program Management Office (PMO) and budget/financial support staff to foster collaboration and coordination with the portfolio team and their designees to ensure the integration of project and program budgets with program and project management reports to support timely and accurate financial management and reporting activities.
- Support the management and maintenance of Budget Tracking Tool entries, and all associated databases, spreadsheets, SharePoint folders, etc.
- Monitor budget/financial reporting metrics (e.g. unfunded project/technical requirements) and provide routine as well as ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Develop, draft, write, and edit budget/financial reports, briefings and other documents in support of client requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of work experience in relevant related field(s). Note that 8 years of work experience may be substituted in lieu of undergraduate degree.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and understanding of how to interact with multiple GS levels within the federal government (e.g. GS 9 - 13s and above) is required.
- Experience providing financial analysis and planning support to a government client.
- Acquisition package preparation experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and developing quality deliverables.
- Comfort acting in a trusted advisor, objective third-party capacity to federal clients, providing consultative services and thought leadership.
- Ability to work independently, requiring limited oversight/direction.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a high degree of organization in order to support multiple concurrent tasks.
- Microsoft Office suite of tools and Microsoft SharePoint
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a federal clearance.
- Experience supporting the VA.
- Exposure to Federal and DoD budget and acquisition processes.
- Familiarity with VA Office of Information and Technology (OIT) Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP).
- Understanding of cost distinctions between IT solutions that are COTS, customized COTS, and homegrown in nature.