Our client is a leading manufacturer of specialist products for various industries and they wish to hire a Business Finance Manager that will provide performance measurements and financial analysis support of the business unit and to act as principal financial/competitive information provider to the strategic business unit.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Finance contact for Global and regional Business Director and representative on Business leadership teams.
- Support and analyze the monthly business unit closing, paying close attention to sales, cost of goods sold, and departmental spending. To ensure appropriate compensating controls in place for internal control and audit purposes in such areas as rebate accruals, inventory write offs, product claims etc.
- Challenge the entities where they see inconsistencies, to bring further consistency to the business results.
- Produce required monthly business unit analysis and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate and prepare quarterly business unit financial forecasts.
- Support the business plan preparing the required financial statements.
- Support the business, preparing the required financial statements.
- Track sales and profitability performance by product, customer and region.
- Coordinate and calculate the sales incentive program outcome for their respective business.
- Provide analysis and support to Product Managers, Marketing and the Sales force as well as the business unit leadership team.
- Perform periodically requested special financial analyses as required by corporate/business unit leadership including evaluation of growth or strategic capital investments or divestitures.
- Track key performance measures for business unit.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- 5+ years' progressive experience working in a financial business environment, including the areas of business analysis or financial analysis and cost accounting
- Manufacturing industry experience
- SAP experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills