Arch is seeking a Business Excellence Manager to support the global deployment of the Arch Management System (AMS). AMS combines Arch values with the best of lean management todeliver growth and operational excellence. It will be deployed globally across Arch to drive quality and efficiency for an improved experience for our internal and external customers.
Your role will be to develop AMS and build a continuous improvement environment in support ofan ongoing program of change. You will use your Lean skillset to identify opportunities and execute improvement strategies. You will be a mentor and coach to train others how to use Lean tools and techniques and the development of effective problem solvers.
This is a highly visible position and maintaining strong relationships with our internal stakeholders and developing internal Lean capabilities will be critical to your success. This role may require upto 80% travel.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of AMS
- Be responsible for working with the business to develop the desired culture to enablethe growth and excellence objectives
- Deploy lean management system practices to support a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Use Lean management and methodologies to engage teams to solve problems and improve quality and efficiency
- Develop and provide metrics to measure process quality and productivity and provide meaningful feedback to deliver positive business and customer outcomes
- Manage cross-functional teams, including project management, planning, organizing, and executing complex initiatives across multiple entities and stakeholders
- Build strong partnerships with leaders to understand improvement opportunities
- Ensure consistent deployment and quality of the AMS methodology
- Develop/mentor peers on their operational excellence skillset and support delivery of Lean training (e.g., Black Belt, Green Belt, Kaizen, etc.)
- Facilitate sessions with all levels of the organization; must be comfortable engaging withboth large and small audiences
- Strong track record developing and/or implementing Lean/continuous improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret data and measure performance
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment when working in challenging situations
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as attention to detail while developing and presenting to senior leaders of the company
- Outstanding facilitator for large groups, including senior leaders
- Vision and courage to pursue big ideas, encourage smart experimentation and innovation tosolve complex process and business issues
- Thorough understanding and practical application of Lean principles and techniques
- 8+ years of experience as a Lean management leader with demonstrated success in leading transformational change
- Experience in the financial services (preferred: insurance) industry and an understanding ofoperational management practices
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Lean or similar certification, or experience implementing continuous improvement principles in service environments/organizations (e.g., Lean management techniques, Black Belt certification, etc.)
Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based company which provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis. Arch Capital Services Inc. provides support and expertiseto entities across ACGL to help them operate effectively and efficiently. Arch is committed tohelping its associates create what's next by providing access to a variety of programs supportingyour professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth. We seek talent that thinks innovatively, values collaboration and will go theextra mile to serve our customers and develop our company.