We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Business ERP System Specialist to join our team in Rochester, NY. This exciting opportunity is responsible for supporting the Kaman Automation Inc.'s (KAI) ERP system – Microsoft Dynamics GP, as well as integrated sub systems, and performing various computer-related tasks to help ensure the effective use of Dynamics GP. This includes work in the areas of system administration, data maintenance, processing, report generation, technical support, documentation, user procedures and user training.
- Accept and respond to employees’ requests for Dynamics GP system assistance promptly and appropriately.
- Complete requests when possible or initiate action from others as needed. When applicable, train others on proper system usage and/or initiate action to prevent future occurrence.
- Co-manage Dynamics GP software administration and security in order to ensure effective operation, minimal downtime, secure access and data integrity.
- Maintain proper documentation for compliance to SOX policies
- Develop and execute periodic Dynamics GP routines in order to keep systems updated including overnight processing, routine data checks, etc.
- Maintain run routines/scripts and recommend additions, deletions, or changes to improve overall effectiveness and/or efficiency.
- Assist with Dynamics GP system integration with other information systems, such as with third party software packages, acquisitions/mergers, Kaman corporate systems, etc.
- Advise and help maintain various databases - such as accounting, customer, vendor, product codes, inventory, pricing, taxing, rebates, security, acquisitions, etc. – to improve accuracy, organization and effective use of data, and to eliminate redundancy.
- Maintain documentation of personal work, projects, and other information systems areas not mentioned elsewhere.
- Advise and assist employees with various business operational procedures and tasks, such as accounting, rebates, EDI, credit card, counter sales, data analysis, etc.
- Produce operational documentation to help standardize, train, and execute proper work procedures.
- Increase overall knowledge in areas such as Dynamics GP system, PC usage, reporting techniques, and Kaman Automation Inc. (KAI)databases, computing procedures, and operational procedures, etc.
- Work closely with KAI managers in order to maintain the system database, provide reports, and discuss procedures, etc.
- Work with all employees upon demand in order to provide various information systems and data processing assistance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with and supporting business Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) computing systems
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP system required
- Microsoft SQL scripting and querying desired
Skills and Abilities Essential to the Position:
- Highly proficient in the areas of business enterprise systems, data organization, information reporting, PC use, problem solving, and phone support
- Proficient in the areas of project management, documentation, and training
- Written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English
- Up to 10% travel
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to sit for majority of the time or stand for one continuous hour, while remaining alert and focused
- Ability to bend, stretch, and lift/ handle materials up to 30 lbs.
- Tools used require all extremities, including digits of the hands
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision