Business Engineering Analyst
Accountable for supporting the WEX Health Business Resilience Program (Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management). The successful candidate will work to develop, execute and manage strategic and tactical approaches relative to business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management to ensure protection and enhancement of the Company’s shareholder value, reputation, brand and image. This position will be responsible for partnering with business units and leadership teams to implement and maintain a comprehensive business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the WEX Health Business Resilience Program strategy, primarily coordination of planning for Business Recovery, Disaster Recovery, and Crisis Management. Design business recovery, disaster recovery and crisis management plans based on best practices, mandates, and guidance from leadership and the Business Resilience Steering Committee.
- Design, implement and maintain incident response protocols that align with Enterprise Risks and add value to the program.
- Maintain, execute and report the annual Business Impact Analysis.
- Monitor and track remediation of risk and compliance related issues in coordination with the owner. Participation on behalf of Business Resilience in the enterprise annual risk assessment process and external Partner audits.
- Develop, maintain and execute a business recovery, disaster recovery and crisis management exercise program. This includes design, scheduling of various exercises, and interacting with vendors to coordinate activities in exercises and actual events.
- Develop and maintain annual program lifecycle management of recovery plans (business, technology and crisis) in partnership with business owners. Assists in designing alternative operating strategies through the planning process.
- Works in coordination with the activities of the Corporate Organizational Resilience team for the purpose of emergency response. Leads recovery initiatives, as assigned.
- Designs and implements Vendor resilience audit activities in conjunction with business leaders and management.
- Leads recovery efforts for business resumption during an actual business disruption.
- Identifies opportunities for ongoing program improvements for the WEX Health Business Resilience Program. Aligns program objectives with the overall Company business direction and IT strategies.
- Develops budget, annual planning, and program metrics for initiatives supporting the Business Resilience program.
- Guide, educate, and mentor regarding WEX Health Business Resilience directives, principles, & standards to individuals who play key roles in continuity and recovery.
- Responsible for design, maintenance and improvement to the Business Resilience Awareness Training programs. This includes Crisis Management Response teams. Assists in conducting stakeholder presentations, seminars and workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Technology or a related field and 5 years of experience in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery or Crisis Management planning and response or 10 years of experience in Business Continuity Planning, in lieu of a degree.Demonstrated proficiency in applying Business Resilience program administration principals including conducting and documenting risk analysis, business impact analysis, risk assessments, exercise outcomes and action plans.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of healthcare business in several key areas: HIPAA regulations, Data Protection, Data Compromise, Computer Security, etc.
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to plan, organize, and direct emergency response, recovery support, business resumption procedures and recovery planning.
- Ability to influence a wide range of management at all levels of the organization.
- Record of delivering quality results in crisis situations, working under pressure and showing decisiveness in difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead senior, internal, cross-functional teams and/or manage work through vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Participate in outside Professional Associations for Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery or Crisis Management as a means of ongoing education and networking.
- Position will require some travel and off-hour, on-callsupport (on an as needed basis).
- Professional certifications, at minimum - ABCP, preferably CBCP or MBCI.