The IT Business Engagement Analyst (BEA) is responsible for maintaining a value based partnership and executing towards highly productive results between IT and the Medical Affairs & Commercial Department functional users.
The BEA will have a "roll-up the sleeves" attitude, help drive and participate in Medical Affairs & Commercial portfolio of projects, strategic planning and project execution. The ideal candidate will be a team player, have experience bringing a product to commercialization, possess IT Business Analyst skills, project management, developing budgets, along with the ability to support rapidly growing and evolving teams. This individual will support the Director of IT and work closely with project management, vendors and functional team leaders across Medical Affairs & Commercial to execute Achaogen's strategy and company’s overall objectives.
- Serve as key IT liaison with Medical Affairs & Commercial to help identify, document, communicate and execute business needs.
- Have strong knowledge about core business functions, processes and workflows associated with business areas and technical platforms.
- Develop project justifications, business cases, and corresponding return on investment estimates for funding requests for the Medical Affairs and Commercial Teams.
- Complete Business Analyst tasks such as gathering business requirements, define work/process flows and creating/executing test scripts.
- Act as the system expert for Medical Affairs and Commercial groups.
- Coordinate tactical-related business requests for IT development enhancements.
- Perform well with ambiguity and drive results in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Comply with company’s IT Policies & Procedures.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Five (5) years of IT Project Management and Business Analysis experience in the Biotech/Pharma space.
- At least 2 years of direct management/supervisory experience.
- At least 5 years of supporting Medical Affairs and Commercial groups.
- Extensive experience with Project Management, BA and Testing/QA methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational.
- IT & Biotech/Pharma, industry related certification(s) preferred.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in agile/iterative software development project management in various roles.
- Assist in the facilitation of scrum/stand-ups, resolving impediments to the team’s progress, maintain/defend defined scope for any given iteration, and coordinate retrospectives (project closeouts).
- Maintain/defend defined scope for any given iteration, and coordinate retrospectives (project closeouts).
- Proficient in reporting and data analysis.
- Assist in building and managing the project/product backlog based on stakeholder priority ensuring appropriate feature set delivery.
- Drive stakeholder acceptance and sign-off on delivered feature sets/iteration functionality.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and innovation in the project delivery process.
- Exposure to design thinking, laddering, and other client interviewing methodologies.
- Ability to manage multiple efforts, and meet and track tasks continuously under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, both as driving toward results and executing project related activities.
- Ability to drive users towards project prioritization and budget planning.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor and drive.
- Current US work authorization required.