Job ID#: 17557BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Business Development Tech Sales Manager
Job Category: Business Development, Strategic Development
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Business Development Tech Sales Manager, to standardize how Strategic Development Technical Sales Leads presents platform capabilities, Concepts of Operation, and force structures based on customer mission, requirements, threat, and conflict intensity. Knowledge of sustainment strategies associated with GA-ASI platforms is highly desired. It is desired that candidates are able to travel worldwide a minimum of 25-50%. GA-ASI is an innovative, exciting place to work and our people are outstanding and we develop transformational technology that is changing the world for the better. Our International Strategic Development is a close-knit team of highly motivated, extremely competent, and hard working professionals who derive a great deal of job satisfaction from their direct contributions to GA-ASI’s success. We have the unique privilege of working across the entire company and with a large customer base.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES:
- Supervise, develop relationships with international customers, embassy Office of Defense Cooperation, and Department of State, and Defense organizations in worldwide capture campaigns.
- Promote GA-ASI products and services through an understanding of US/NATO and Asian organizational structure, requirements processes and resourcing strategies.
- Promote GA-ASI products and services through an understanding of US/NATO and Asian customers and international market opportunities.
- Responsible for conducting business development activities for products and services.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of short and long-term objectives for the supported organization(s) and consults with management and executive management to implement current, annual, and long-term business development objectives for the organization.
- Provides leadership and guidance in implementing new and revised strategic objectives and acts as a liaison with other organizations and affiliates
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or Masters in business administration, engineering or a related field and thirteen or more years of progressively complex experience in GA-ASI Platform operations, development, sustainment and business development with at least seven years in engineering or program management activities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have the ability to foster trust and confidence with customers, and to grow and sustain close professional relationships.
- Must demonstrate a detailed and extensive expertise and application of GA-ASI product capabilities, concepts of operation, and support requirements as well as leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve unusually complex problems; serve as spokesperson on projects; and be an expert in one or more areas of business development activities related to shaping customer requirements.
- Must possess ability to perform in a dynamic and uncertain business environment.
- Must have previous experience in demonstrating initiative and proactively engaging with customers to ensure GA-ASI solutions meet their needs.
- Previous military experience with an operational and command background is preferred.
- Strong professional network, leadership and strategic thinking are required.
- Must have strong communication both written and verbal and have the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Prefer San Diego based
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales (FMS), Industrial Cooperation, International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and international licensing processes is desired.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.