Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
The Price to Win (PTW) Analyst/BD Strategy Analyst will operate as a member of the Business Development team and be responsible for conducting PTW and Competitive Analysis on Corporate and Group priority bids critical to the company’s growth.
Success in this position hinges more on attitude than anything else. Intellectual curiosity and a thirst for challenge are strong predictors of a successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will work independently and with the CI/PTW team to conduct a variety of analyses to inform the PTW recommendation.
- Provide constructive feedback to peer analysts in a group environment regarding PTW assumptions and analyses.
- Conduct opportunity-focused research (both Customer and Competitor) to develop key foundational assumptions that will feed the PTW.
- Perform competitive analysis through collection and analysis of public documentation (news articles, company financial filings, GAO protests, etc.) and proposal debriefs.
- Perform analysis on competitor pricing based on award history.
- Perform analysis on customer evaluation and award tendencies.
- Conduct and/or facilitate Black Hat strategy sessions to collect and develop Customer and Competitor intelligence.
- Responsible for presenting the PTW findings, supporting recommendations/influencing results, and facilitating the transition from the PTW to the ENGILITY internal bid strategy.
- Suggest and complete additional analyses/projects to further develop PTW capabilities.
- BA/BS or MS in Business Management, Accounting, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Operations Research, or related field.
- 9+ years of overall work experience in Government or Government contracting.
- Demonstrated success in creating and maintaining relationships with senior business leaders.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills are required; as are strong communications skills.
- Demonstrated written and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to build and explain complex models (Excel, Access, etc).
- Eligible to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Practical experience and a foundational understanding of statistical methods for predicting competitor/customer behavior. Regression Analysis, Monte Carlo Simulation, Machine Learning, Linear Programming.
- Enhanced Data Visualization skills. The ability to take charting beyond merely what Excel offers.
- Experience with Pricing, Price-To-Win, Database Analysis, Financial Analysis, Operations Research, or Cost Estimating is desirable.
- Experience with the preparation of multi-million dollar cost and price proposals, including FFP, T&M, and Cost-plus, would be a decided plus.
Requisition ID 2017-27150