Champion and proactively support the sales of the TR government propositions in the federal government marketplace through effective partner and customer relationships. The partner landscape includes both internal and external companies and agencies where TR federal is positioning fraud, waste, and abuse solutions. The role involves creating & leveraging strong partner relationships, promoting solutions, seeking and developing new business (inside and outside of the existing customer base) and driving competitive sales opportunities. This role requires a close working relationship with the Federal Sales Executives and Federal Account Management teams to ensure success which will include tactical and strategic opportunity planning. The right candidate must be sales savvy with the ability to understand the partners’ environments customers’ environment, and thrive on a high performing team.
- Identify and key business partners and account alliances designed to produce sales opportunities.
- Work with all third party companies to drive federal sales; this includes establishing appropriate contractual relationships and negotiating terms for partnering/teaming
- Collaborate closely with Sales Executives and Account Management teams to ensure coordinated service and sales strategies with 3rd parties;
- Ensure and increase client satisfaction by demonstrating relevant new content and functionality. Coordinate 3rd party product training;
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels of client organizations;
- Participate in pre-sales calls, create and deliver customized presentations (in person or online), provide written proposals and subject matter expertise for federal solutions;
- Utilize knowledge of government requirements and contracting mechanisms to determine and position value-added solutions;
- Understand the competition in the marketplace and easily differentiate to the customer TR’s unique capabilities and value proposition;
- Act as a knowledge champion in market-based product knowledge relative to the customer segment;
- Educate customers on the benefits of TR solutions over competitors and train/educate customers for optimal productivity;
- Assist in RFI/RFP responses
- Attend market insight events, networking activities, and participate in associations, consortiums, and conferences to support sales growth
- Attain assigned client retention and sales goals
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- 5-8 years federal market experiencerequired
- 5-8 years Business Development experience across the federal market, specifically the fraud, waste, and abuse market.
- 4-8 years of Program/Project management experience delivering on large scale Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) vehicles required
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods, and techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate and relate to multiple levels of a client's organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team player with strong business acumen, superior organizational skills and the ability to follow through
- Excellent writing & presentation skills
- Public records/open source data experiencepreferred
- Knowledge and experience with procurement listing and tracking tools such as FedBizOps, Deltek or Gov Spend
- Ability to travel to sales training, meetings, and to customer locations
- Proficient in web-based demo platforms, MS Office/internet
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.