Business Development Specialist - San Diego, CA
Trade Service, a Trimble Company, is the leading provider of standardized product and price information to the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, industrial, automotive, and office products industries. Since 1931, the company has been the leader in content acquisition, management, and distribution, offering a variety of products/services to meet customer needs. Over 21,000 manufacturers, distributors, contractors, and government agencies rely on Trade Service. The range of solutions provided includes printed directories, software, product and pricing data for business systems and robust attributed content to fuel full-functioning web storefronts.
The ideal candidate is a high-integrity individual with the background, intellectual curiosity, ability to learn quickly, and entrepreneurial drive to develop business relationships in the industry.
Measures of Success
- Builds effective relationships with various teams and supports C-level executives
- Applies strong analytical thinking to solve problems and grasp complex situations
- Possess outstanding project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Analyze market data to identify potential trends/opportunities and strategic partnerships
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and time sensitive environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates formal and informal leadership experience, including influencing people without direct authority
- Avid learner, willing to expand skill sets and seek advice from others when needed
- Strong entrepreneurial focus and ability to work independently on ad hoc projects
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business field; Master’s degree a plus
- 5-7 years of experience in the MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing), construction, automotive or related technology field
- Experience supporting ‘C’ level executives in a business partner/client environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Previous international and/or acquisition experience is a strong plus
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D