Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital's Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to Performance Evaluation. Please include % breakout of tasks/essential functions.
1. Meet with physicians, hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, and other health care entities to develop relationships to assist in educating those individuals and entities about the services provided by Methodist. Maintain a rapport with physicians, physician office staff, and transferring entities to promote effective community health care provider interaction and appropriate referrals. Exercise professional discretion regarding sensitive and/or confidential issues. Manage and prioritize multiple tasks and be able to reevaluate priorities regularly. Display strong communication and diplomatic skills when dealing with internal and external physicians and office staff. (EF)
1. Monitor monthly/quarterly reports to find opportunities to meet/exceed quarterly targets. Meet with individuals and entities to develop relationships to improve communication and education.
1. Research, analyze and monitor local market to identify potential new business or improve current service offerings. Prepare reports to document and communicate activities. Stay current and adhere to Stark and IRS regulations in accordance with Methodist¿s policies and I CARE values. (EF)
1. Effectively communicate any changes in policy and/or new services and programs. Assist transferring individuals and entities in problem-solving and act as a liaison in assisting them with any necessary resolutions. Document activities using approved software tool. (EF)
1. Coordinate activities related to physician/community events, including but not limited to, new physician orientation, CME conferences, physician office education meetings, chamber of commerce events, advisory groups, focus groups, luncheons and physician outreach introductions. May participate in the development of department specific web pages and marketing materials. (EF)
2. Facilitate primary care physician relations with Methodist specialists to increase effective and efficient professional interactions. (EF)
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Any bonus plan must conform to the following guidelines approved by the Methodist Human Resources Director of Compensation and the Department of Legal Services. A bonus plan shall include multiple metrics (at least three), only one of which may be based on a measure of volume of business down to a Department level, but no further. The combined metrics will be measured at threshold, target, and superior and the full metric amount must be met for all goals to achieve respective payout level.
All goals must be met at the threshold level to receive the threshold payout. Similarly, all goals must be met at the superior level to be paid out at Superior. Combine goals that fall below Threshold will receive no payout. Combined goals that fall between Threshold and below Target will be paid out at Threshold. Combined goals that fall between Target and Superior will be paid out at Target.
Metrics that may be utilized for the bonus plan include the following:
Quality, educational offerings, third party/physician satisfaction, process/through-put, professional development, expenses, in-service/compliance, provider contacts, and maintenance of volume.
No Methodist employee is eligible for a bonus if that employee is an immediate family member of a physician (i) on whom they call as part of their duties in this position, or (ii) who is a member of the medical staff of a Methodist hospital.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Healthcare Administration or related field.
1. Minimum 5 years previous work experience involving physician relations, physician sales or relevant experience required.
2. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities.
4. Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, and presentation software.
5. Effective communication skills.
6. Positive and supportive attitude and demeanor.
7. Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information.