The Business Development Specialist and Recruiter is responsible for talent acquisition strategy and fulfillment within the Scientific Operations group, aligning with strategic goals while adhering to company and regulatory requirements. The primary mission of this role is to serve the business, discover great candidates in advance of need, place outstanding people rapidly, and make the company stronger through talent acquisition. Given the synergy between recruiting and functional outsourcing sales for the Scientific Operations group, this role will also be active in the sales process; identifying new clients, understanding client needs, and presenting Scientific Operations outsourcing solutions. In the role, the candidate will use a variety of tools including an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and SalesForce. Some travel is required, and location is flexible.
- Coordinates with HR team on all aspects of recruiting and talent acquisition focusing on professional level positions.
- Develop and execute recruiting plans.
- Confers with management and discusses long-range professional organizational needs to prepare and implement recruitment program.
- Communicates status and recommendations to Senior Executives. Collects and analyzes HR data and market analytics to make recommendations to Senior Management regarding talent strategy. Develop and track measurable facets of the recruiting and hiring process so that the processes are transparent and measurable. Set continuous improvement goals.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads. Conducts regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation including having knowledge of requirements for all company positions.
- Reviews job orders and matches applicants with job requirements. Collaborates with hiring managers to determine the required skills and experience for the position.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; social media management, job sites, professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Seeks out, conducts prescreen interviews and provides suitable job applicants to fill all level of job openings, with focus on professional job openings.
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Networks through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, social media, and employees.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need including researching and recommending new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting. Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
- Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable employer of choice reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits, and career fairs and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Coordinate college recruiting initiatives to include giving presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Develop working relationships with colleges to aid in recruiting.
- Manage the use of outside recruiters.
- Coordinates Interviews.
- Maintains an applicant tracking system for current and future talent needs.
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
- Liaison for onboarding new employees with Human Resources.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field, with five to eight years of related experience.
- Human Resources certification preferred.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, communication, multitasking, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Mathematical aptitude and excellent attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Applicant tracking software, and other technological skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of compensation concepts, employee law, benefits management and design.
- Negotiation, relationship building, influencing, coaching, conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem analysis/resolution skills.
- Ability to manage up and delegate appropriately to ensure efficient workflow.
- Empathetic, expressive and outgoing as well as an open and pleasant disposition.
- Business acumen and public speaking skills.
- Self-motivating and ability to work well independently as well as using a collaborative team approach.
- Ability to adhere to established timelines, processes and procedures.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills and an ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.