Business Development Specialist - New England (Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine)
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for driving incremental sales and market share growth through direct selling efforts within Small to mid-size multi-regional Large Group Practices & Mid-Market DSOs by creating strategic dialogue with high level decision makers/influencers within targeted accounts and positioning Align as a complete, innovative solution for their Orthodontic and Digital Impression needs.
The BDS will also be responsible to develop, communicate and implement sales plans and strategies designed to accomplish specific sales goals internally and externally. Qualified candidates will need to show a successful commercial track record of managing people processes and projects in Special Market sales and have the ability and willingness to travel, including overnight, 50% - 60% of the time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives Sales Results - Meets or exceeds organizational key performance indicators, sales targets and quotas for assigned accounts; monitors account performance and redirects efforts when goals are not being met; champions change efforts to increase sales effectiveness; negotiates with LGPs & Mid-Market DSO’s, at highest levels needed; finds ways to leverage current footprint in targeted accounts for higher level access to decision makers; makes tough, pragmatic decisions when necessary.
- Builds High-Level Strategic Customer Relationships – Excels at building customer loyalty and multiple relationships within the highest levels (Directors and above) of key functional areas in customer organizations; identifies strategic business opportunities within LGPs & Mid-Market DSO’s; establishes effective relationships with key customer representatives and employees externally and internally; Creates strategic dialogue with high level decision makers/ influencers within targeted accounts to position Align as a complete solution for the Orthodontic care and Digital Impression needs; puts a high priority on both customer and Company interests when making decisions; leads by example and responds quickly and competently to customer issues; continually searches for ways to improve competitive advantage.
- Plans, Organizes and Administers LGP & Mid-Market DSO Selling Efforts - Translates business strategies into clear objectives and tactics; collaborates and manages cross-functional sales/ marketing/ pricing teams effectively; creates realistic plans taking into account strategic pricing, budget constraints, and operating income/expenses; plans, prepares and follows up on sales forecasts, budgets; anticipates problems and develops contingency plans; establishes and implements effective and efficient procedures for communication across cross-functional teams and getting work done.
- Demonstrates Leadership/Collaborates With Others - Works closely with Sr. Director of Special Markets to develop business agreement proposals, implement those agreements, and develop timely responses to all national bid opportunities; provides corporate selling consultation and coaching to field sales managers and territory managers on national accounts when appropriate; acts as liaison between key customer contacts and other functions in the organization including Marketing, Customer Service, Logistics and Commercial groups in order to develop appropriate product support, and pricing; influences and shapes the decisions of upper management; provides compelling rationale for ideas; works toward win/win solutions whenever possible .
- Implements Sales Strategy – Implements sales plans and strategies for assigned accounts consistent with the company’s sales policies and sales service capacities through a deep understanding of the market; adapts sales strategy as markets change; identifies creative opportunities to maintain the organization’s competitive edge.
- Ability to build and nurture business relationships with internal and external customers at executive levels by consultative methods
- Ability to adapt and willingness to change
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional selling teams in complex and lengthy sales processes
- Strong knowledge of C-level contacts at LGPs & Mid-Market DSOs
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills at the regional and national level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate and advocate
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Ortho and Dental products preferred
- Knowledge of current and new industry trends, technologies, competitors and place in the market
- Pro-active; high-performance and results orientation
- Ability to attend national tradeshows, sales meetings and conferences as needed
- Occasional weekend travel and meetings
- Ability to consistently work, manage and function with integrity
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and project management skills
- Self-motivated; dedicated
- Ability to handle numerous projects and partners simultaneously
- Able to work independently and make accurate, educated decisions
- Proactive problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College graduate (BA/BS) preferred.
- 5+ Years Professional B2B sales experience
- Prefer 2+ Years National Account sales experience
- Dental and/or Medical Device sales experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Salesforce.com