This role will require qualitative and quantitative analysis to understand the current market landscape, market trends, Latham's position in the market, and potential opportunities as the key drivers of the strategic plans. While the position is focused on supporting the litigators in the New York office, there will be a need to understand the firm's global platform. You will be expected to collaborate with attorneys, BD colleagues, and personnel in various departments across the firm to execute on the responsibilities outlined below.
- Use understanding of Latham & Watkins' market position to develop and drive the business development and marketing efforts of the New York Litigation & Trial Department.
- Deliver regular analysis and reporting of industry competition, market trends, internal financial information, business opportunities, and pitch activity in efforts to develop and implement focused strategies both globally and by region.
- Work to effectively integrate newly promoted partners and lateral partner hires.
- Serve as a lead or consultant on key client accounts as assigned.
- Stay abreast of developments and trends in an effort to identify potential client opportunities.
- Remain informed of all major new Litigation & Trial clients and significant matters.
- Partner with the Global PR team to ensure coverage of successful matters, initiatives, and products in key markets and significant matters are publicized internally and externally in accordance with the firm's public relations policy.
- Identify opportunities for thought leadership and other marketing and campaign ideas to increase both internal and external brand awareness for the industry sector.
- Lead drafting for appropriate directory and award submissions.
- Support matter collection processes and development of marketing content.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
A key to Latham's success and our continued ability to deliver the highest quality service to our clients is our "one-firm firm" culture – a spirit of teamwork and shared commitment to quality across our offices worldwide that has long distinguished Latham from other law firms.
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or related field required.
- J.D. is a plus
- More than five (5) years of related subject matter experience and related analytical experience.
- Two (2) - Four (4) years of relevant experience working within the Litigation Practice preferred.