Founded in 1983, ENERCON is headquartered in the Atlanta Metro area and provides engineering, architectural, environmental, technical and management/consulting services to the Power industry (Top 15 Power Design firm, #2 Nuclear power design). ENERCON works with a variety of private, public and government sector clients throughout the United States with 22+ US offices and 1,100+ professional staff across a wide range of engineering and technical disciplines.
To propel our continued and robust growth, we are seeking a Sector Lead (Business Development) - Utiliies and Renewable Energy, to be based in our Kennesaw, GA location (Atlanta Metro area). Other locations that will be considered include our offices in the following metro areas: Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Tulsa, OK City, Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach-FL and Birmingham-AL. For the ideal candidate, remote work can be considered as well. The position requires a strong business development, technical, and financial background and a solid reputation of building business and maintaining key client relationships.
In this role, you will report to the Vice President of Business Development / Chief Strategy Officer.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to) :
- Build a (electric) Utilities and Renewable Energy Business, working in close collaboration with Business Development and Operations leadership teams.
- Perform sales development of new Renewable Energy and Utility clients through direct client contact to capture new and follow-on work, expand ENERCON’s service offerings.
- Identify market trends and develop new business opportunities, and delivery of responsive, high quality services for Renewable Energy and Utility clients.
- Work with the leadership staff of the Environmental and Energy Groups on strategic pursuits including proposal development and client meetings and help maintain strong relationships with key leaders within the Enercon SLT.
- Review RFQs and assist in preparing proposals.
- Cross-sell and increase business from accounts under management, working with other company project managers and sales professionals on developing efficient business development strategies for new and existing customers.
- Participate in strategic growth initiatives to expand ENERCON’s client and delivery footprint.
- Developing and implementing competitive strategies for acquiring targeted clients and expanding the relationship with existing clients.
- Developing detailed Account development plans for core and target clients as well as proposal capture strategies.
- Mentoring and coaching team members.
- Understanding and responding to overall market trends, challenges, and client concerns.
- Leading, coordinating, and building teamwork among other team members/disciplines at all levels.
- Ability and proficiency in using CRM platforms (SalesForce CRM) for Sales and Business Development purposes
Required qualifications / skills
- Bachelor’s degree required - Engineering, Science, or Business.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience supporting/working in the engineering or Environmental Industry supporting power & energy projects.
- Existing relationships and strong contact in the Electric Utility.
- 5+ years of business development and client management Experience.
- Proven experience in effective client capture management and proposal development
- Business travel as required ~25% of the time or more.
- Ability to generate book of business of $2MM+ in labor fees in the first 12 to 18 Months.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Existing relationships in Renewable Energy Industry, especially Solar PV, Wind, Energy Storage and Waste to Energy to include RNG, LFG, Biogas etc.
- Experience working in Engineering and Environmental/ Consulting Services Industry.
- Experience with environmental, permitting and regulatory regimen with electric utility, wind, solar and hydropower sector is preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.