Industry: Financial Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 398 days ago
The Business Development - Tax Software Sales will be responsible for helping promote its technologyproducts in the marketplace. The Business Development - Tax Software Sales will focus on software offerings and have salesexperience in this vertical market. The position will carry a quarterly revenue target. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the tax functional level as well as with their IT counterparts. Business Development - Tax Software Sales will be an exceptionally strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. Must be able to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment and have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Duties and Responsibilities:
· Generate new business opportunities to drive pipeline growth
· Prospecting via cold calls, email, and othermarketingcampaigns
· Collaborate withSales Management and Marketing to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging
· Research and build new contacts and existing accounts
· Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives
· Analyze prospect needs to identify business opportunities
· Gain deep knowledge of products and services
· Gain deep knowledge of competitors
· Work withProduct Management and Engineering for product improvement
· Attends conferences, both local and national, in order to generate new leads of qualified prospects.
· Develops responses to requests for proposals.
· Assists Marketing Department with promotional events and conferences and provides feedback regarding marketing materials.
· Utilizes Internet tools (i.e., OneSource) to research for opportunities at prospects and clients.
· Generates necessary documentation to assist in deal closing (presentations, end user licenses, etc.)
· Secures references from Firm clients.
· Works with SMEs regarding CRM, OneSource, and the Prospect Register.
· Coordinates with the Legal Department regarding agreement term and condition issues.
· Assists withother projects as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
· Experiencesellingfinancial and/or tax related tools preferred
· Sellingexperience to Finance and/or Tax industry preferred
· Excellent time management
· Excellent written skills and highly articulate
· Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5-7years of software salesexperience perfered
· Experiencesellingfinancialtechnology a plus
· Demonstrable track record of success a must.
· Strong cold calling and lead generation skills a must.
· Computer Skills:
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic skills in Microsoft® Excel, intermediate skills in Microsoft® Outlook, and advanced skills in Microsoft® Word, CRM, and Internet navigation and research.
· Supervisory Responsibilities:
· This job has limited supervisory responsibilities for the Business Development Department, including training employees, assigning work, and checking work for accuracy and completeness.
· Work Environment:
· Standard indoor working environment.
· Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
· Occasional long periods of standing while attending college recruiting programs.
· Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 lbs.
· Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external clients, vendors, and candidates at all levels.