Job Summary: The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for targeting public K-12 School customers, developing customer relationships, and generating sales revenues of Guaranteed Savings Projects through RFP/RFQ’s utilizing state legislation. The BDR will attend trade shows, study groups, and interact with targeted customers. The BDR will be a part of a team that includes a Project Development Engineer, Design Team and Business Development Manager in securing and developing work. The BDR will assist in developing each project’s financialcash flow and project summary for our guaranteed savings agreements within our ECS Business Development group. This position is a high level sales position responsible for presenting to School District Officials, Superintendents, Business Managers and School Boards. Although we emphasize a team selling environment the BDR is the project’s sales team leader and is ultimately responsible for closing each project.
- BA or BS in Sales or Marketing (or equivalent salesexperience).
- 5+ years of successful and measurable direct salesexperience of technical/financial solutions products that require a financial ROI. Experience in sales for public sector projects is a plus.
- Understanding of public finance or past financialsalesexperience in leasing is a plus.
- High level communication skills in a one on one setting as well as in public settings where print and TV media may be present.
- Ability to close work in a strategic environment is a requirement.
- Computer literate and comfortable with spreadsheets and proposal responses.
- Background in Guaranteed Savings Projects.