What You Will Do:
- Hire, coach and manage a team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to master the following skills across business development:
-Clear understanding of company's value proposition
-Follow up, discovery and deep qualification of opportunities
-Setting introductory meetings - possibly for product demonstration
- Manage day to day activities of the BDR team including live coaching and mentoring, reviewing lead volume, queues and disposition, call statistics, conversions and pipeline build.
- Have a maniacal focus on outcomes and impact. Closely monitor metrics – everything from dials per day, conversion rates to opportunities, hand-off to sales and close rates – with the aim to increase BDR productivity, contribution to pipeline and bookings.
- Work closely with marketing, sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on opportunity quality and follow-up on hand off.
- Provide feedback to and collaborate with the marketing team to consistently improve lead quality and targeting to increase conversions and ROI.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements around process, efficiency and productivity of the BDR team.
- Align with sales enablement team to build a curriculum for BDRs across onboarding, sales trainings, solutions and industry education and role acumen.
What You Will Need:
- 3-5+ years of experience in sales management or sales development management, preferably in CRM or enterprise applications, with a consistent proven track record of overachievement of quota expectations.
- Proven track record of hiring, retaining, training and developing individuals and team.
- Experience working in and building inside sales teams that drive lead generation versus manage inbound leads.
- Proficient in CRM systems (i.e., Salesforce.com).
- Proven track record of goal achievement (as individual or manager) and building and managing KPIs for a sales organization.
- Ability to forecast your business – lead conversion data through to pipeline build and win rates.
- Natural leader – you have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success.
- Data driven – you are driven by numbers and constantly finding ways to improve productivity, efficiency and contribution to the business.
- A team player – you inspire others around you and will build a highly motivated and successful team through your management skills.
- Proven record of individual sales success in a similar enterprise software application environment
- Proven experience successfully managing people to achieve performance goals
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast paced environment
Across all Sales Leaders, we are looking for the following attributes:
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Experience in sales coaching and mentoring
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Has a strong drive for results
- Strong engagement and communication skills
- Consultative selling experience
- Can collaborate and influence in a “win as a team” environment
- Is a trusted advisor to the customers and colleagues
Ideally, prior experienceworking within the Software/Infrastructure/Platform (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) space.