Business Development & RelationshipManagement Director
The Chief ClientOffice (CCO) is focused on providing a consistent Client Experience across allbusiness lines and geographies, enabling enhanced Client Satisfaction, RevenueGrowth and Business Line Success. The CCO function includes Sales, Partners,Relationship Management, Integration, Marketing & Communications and SalesAnalytics & Operations.
Our Ideal Candidate
In ourdynamic and collaborative environment, providing a best-in-class experience forall stakeholders is challenging ...and that is where you come in. You lovebusiness development and relationshipmanagement, you deliver exceptional services and client experiences.
So, what does it take to be a DTCC Business Development & RelationshipManagement Director?
The BusinessDevelopment & Relationship Management Director partners with the globalRelationship Management team, the sales organization and the new businessleadership within Product Management to help drive business growth for DTCC'snew and emerging businesses. This position will be on point to drive clientadoption of new services through education, training and liaising with newcontacts at our most strategic clients. Focus will initially be on thefinancing desks at our clients, both on the equity and fixed income side of business.The incumbent will also be responsible for building relationships within thebuy side client base and the alternative space. A key driver in this role is toincrease customer uptake of these services, which are becoming essential as theclearing and settling landscape changes and buy side clients move theirbusiness to CCPs. The candidate will serve as the internal advocate for thesenew clients.
- The Business Development & Relationship Management Director will manage all Business development activities within the relationship management function
- The incumbent will serve as an advocate for the customer, maintaining in-depth knowledge on all products and services offered by DTCC, but having focused SME knowledge on secured financing
- As a brand ambassador and subject matter expert, the incumbent will showcase DTCC's talent and expertise and leverage relationships to increase revenue and improve customer satisfaction, articulating the business case for the DTCC products and services and demonstrating the economic and financial benefit to the customer
- Manage all of DTCC new businesses as it relates to client adoption; perform customer needs assessment as part of consultative sales process, monitor customer satisfaction with DTCC service, technology, operations and product development and escalate issues as appropriate to ensure they are addressed
- Actively set objectives and goals as part of the new business development process. Create new strategies and tactical plans to achieve the objectives and goals.
- The incumbent will ensure opportunity discussions center around new, value-added products and services both within and outside of DTCC's operating model to meet future customer needs, focusing on new contacts within our existing strategic account base as well as new clients
- Identify new contract sales opportunities, establish benchmarks for improving customer satisfaction, and work collaboratively to address shortfalls, maintaining and growing existing revenue base, and converting opportunities into revenue
- Responsible for actively building and influencing key internal relationships with Product Management, Sales, Operations and Client Services to ensure an outstanding customer service is provided to clients
- The incumbent is responsible for coordinating all activities within accounts by working with internal teams. Activities include: expanding product awareness of all DTCC's new business, ensuring all onboarding efforts are coordinated internally to deliver gold level client satisfaction and participate in industry events and panels.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the customer's business lines, goals, challenges and use position to increase the client experience by having the depth and breadth of knowledge about the Client and the products/services
- Ensure regulatory initiatives are completed within the prescribed timeframes
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
Candidates should possess:
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Ten years' or equivalent experience gained from working in the financial/professional services industry, specifically in the secured finance field.
- Proven track record of continuously identifying, exploring sales strategies and converting potential into revenue using a flexible, yet persistent approach to a consultative and solution sale
- Proven ability to conceptualize creative, value-added solutions to address customer needs
- Experience in serving as a subject matter expert and advocate within a large Corporation, leading the sales and sale implementation process in its entirety
- A strong background in managing the entire lifecycle of client relationships, pre and post-production