Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization?s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function. (TCP review board required in TCP families)
- Leverages market research to intelligently focus pursuit time, resources and effort on winnable opportunities.
- Rigorously qualifies large opportunities for active pursuit based on the probability of success and the intelligent allocation of HP's resources.
- Develops client relationships and interest over the span of lengthy large deal cycles and continually builds & reinforces client's perception of HP as a credible partner through active persuasion and education.
- Consultatively & proactively positions HP early in deals to influence client strategy and shape deal (RFP) requirements towards HP's strengths. Move towards Sole Source.
- Develops and champions the business justification for HP services to ensure a successful engagement based on critical case review.
- Actively educates & engages with others (EAMs, CBMs, Account team, Engagement Managers, Solution Architects, etc.) on HPS business solutions, deal requirements & challenges to facilitate effective RFP/RFI responses, successful closes and client satisfaction.
- Crafts pursuit strategies that masterfully guide account team pursuit activities across often lengthy sales cycles.
- Leads and manages a virtual team across the geographic area to drive the business development activities and report on a regular basis the progress on growth.
- Acts as lead for coaching/mentoring.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 10+ years in the Services Industry and 3+ years in developing new business opportunities with clients, preferably with the CxO level.
- Advanced University degree preferable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced Opportunity Prospecting.
- Market research & analysis.
- Pursuit strategy planning/building.
- Client executive engagement & interest generation.
- Opportunity Building.
- Qualification & development of new .
- Opportunities - large deal .
- Due diligence skills, positioning and deal-shaping.
- Deal Advancement.
- Business case development.
- Custom Services Education.
- Client awareness creation, large Account Team influencing and enlistment.
- Ensure we have HP Solution and Industry alignment.
- Capabilities of HP's partners (range and type).
- (analysis, relationship building).
- HP Sales knowledge.
- Strong leadership skills.
- C-level partnering, resource optimization, prioritizing.
- Solution Skills such as vertical industry core concepts, processes, trends, and pressures.
- Negotiating skills, proposal development, and account planning skills.
Job ID 3019769