We are seeking an experienced construction project manager with single and multi-family building experience. The Project Manager position described below is an exceptional opportunity to work with cutting edge residential building technology and inspiring, seasoned leadership. This Project Manager will be a key element in our success and will have an active role in growing the organization.
Blueprint Robotics is a technologically advanced start-up based in Baltimore and focused on the single and multi-family residential building sectors. As an off-site building systems manufacturer employing state of the art CNC robotics technology, we are poised to revolutionize residential and commercial construction in the United States.
The Project Manager will serve as a member of the construction project management team engaged in the contracting, estimating, scheduling, field implementation, new business and sales functions. Additionally the Project Manager will:
- Assist in the development and formulation of company-wide organizational systems and processes.
- Engage pre-qualified prospects (architects, builders, general contractors and developers) in a sales process that culminates in a contract for superior quality, industry changing off-site home building systems.
- Participate in contract preparation to include definition of scope, cost estimating, scheduling, negotiation and management of revisions with client architects, builders, general contractors and developers.
- Facilitate the definition of project and contract scope, goals and deliverables
- Plan and manage project budget, resources and schedule
- Create detailed project schedules which identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully complete contract requirements.
- Execute the contract according to project specifications and contract documents. .
- Monitor and report on progress of the construction project to all stakeholders
- Inspect or review construction projects to monitor compliance with contract documents, building and safety codes, environmental or other regulations.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at job sites to ensure that proper procedures are being followed.
- Confer with architects, builders, general contractors and developers to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Implement and manage contract change orders
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Assess and evaluate contract deliverables and results.
- Participate in sales and business development activities; develop and maintain relationships with architects, builders, general contractors and developers.
- Qualified project manager candidates must possess a Bachelor?s degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum of five (5) years of experienceworking with a general contractor or builder.
- Some experience in single family or multi-family construction as well as familiarity with both large and small companies is preferred.
- Qualified candidates will possess a business development and sales skill set along with a strong traditional construction project management background.
- Familiarity with local specifications and current on building materials, and an eagerness to explore and understand new and alternative products.
- Our ideal construction project management candidate will be a high-energy, hands-on ?doer? who possesses the confidence and expertise to collaborate with external peers.
- Must possess exceptional communication, leadership and business development skills and be a strong ?people and process manager? with the capacity to grow into a leadership role as the organization grows.