Siemens Industry is looking for a Business Developer - Hybrid Plant Solutions for their Alpharetta office. They are seeking a candidate who understands and can manage the typically fast pace requirements of a Business Developer. The successful candidate will be joining our Distributed Energy Systems team in the Alpharetta Office. The candidate will have no direct reports and will report to the Director of the group.
The focus will be on identifying and developing key accounts and project opportunities for Hybrid Plants. In addition to the focus area, they will support the Distributed Energy Systems team with strategic planning and identifying the target market. This function is responsible for the timely and effective completion of assigned work load. Specific tasks include building the project pipeline, reviewing customer RFP’s, developing solution concepts around Siemens products, determining solution price, promoting financing strategies such as PPAs or DBOOM, attending plant walk downs or customer meetings, and supporting the proposal team. Additionally, this function provides pre-order expert level technical support to the customer during the selling cycle of assigned proposals.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Electrical Engineering, other engineering degrees will be considered, Master’s Degree preferred.
- The candidate must have 10 - 15 years of combined experience and skills working on complex projects in the power generation industry.
- Prefer someone with an Electrical Engineering background and has proven experience developing opportunities with Hybrid Plant solutions.
- Minimum 8 years experience with distributed energy solutions such as, but not limited to, Photovoltaic, Energy Storage, Black Start, Combined Heat and Power, Industrial Turbines, and Microgrid Controls.
- Direct experience with application of utility scale energy storage systems
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants will have held specific technical functions such as field service engineer, project engineer, application engineer, etc. for an OEM company, EPC or A&E.
- The position requires good time management skills and will be managing several customer accounts simultaneously.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Solid business acumen
- Negotiation capabilities
- Strong team orientation
- Project management
- Risk management
- Proficient with using sales tools such as SFDC or similar
- Self-motivated to produce high quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
- Advanced user of MS Word, Excel, Visio, and Project
- Applicants must have ability to travel to support Sales Team needs at customer sites in North America and Canada
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Requisition Number: 222144