Jacobs is looking for passionate and driven individuals to join our dynamic Business Development (BD) team. We are a global company of more than 77,000 people that spans across several different markets, including Aerospace, Technology, and Nuclear (ATN) for both Government and Private sector clients.
FUNCTION OF POSITION
Leads the application of Aerospace & Technology's business development process on a broad range of complex sales pursuits to win work for the company; develops, maintains, and advances client relation-ships through sales strategies and client contacts in alignment with the organization's strategic business plan.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leads the development of functional, regional, or global business development strategies.
· Directs the research and analysis of business opportunities within an identified target market to ensure a continuous pipeline of sales opportunities.
· Conducts trend research and assesses competition and potential markets by developing growth strategies to establish the company as a preferred services provider.
· Identifies key personnel for contract/task bids/proposals.
· Establishes relationships with new clients; generates and fosters positive client relationships.
· Serves as capture team manager for proposal strategy, preparation, and submittal.
· Recommends mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures consistent with the goals and objectives established by senior executives.
· Responsible for resource allocation, productivity, expense levels, and asset management, as well as coaching and guiding direct reports.
· Ensures effective implementation of quality, safety, and BeyondZero program to promote and incident and injury-free culture.
Business Insight – Knows how businesses work and how organizations make money. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace. Uses knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
Customer Focus – Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
Strategic Mindset – Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios. Articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value. Creates competitive and break-through strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action.
Financial Acumen – Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators. Uses financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities. Integrates quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
Communicates Effectively – Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
Interpersonal Savvy – Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography. Acts with diplomacy and tact. Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way. Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics.
Builds Networks – Build strong formal and informal net-works. Maintains relationships across a variety of functions and locations. Draws on multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources, and know-how.
Drives Results – Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successful. Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
Being Resilient – Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crises effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from setbacks. Grows from hardship and negative experiences.
Instills Trust – Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between words and actions.
BS/BA degree and eight (8) years related experience; additional education may be substituted for experience.
Must be able to obtain/maintain TS/SCI clearance. Current TS/SCI holders will be given preference.
Capability in Microsoft Office Suite. Demonstrated leadership ability.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (and other languages, as applicable)
Work may be required after hours and on weekends, and sometimes on short notice. Must be willing and able to travel
$80K - $100K