The Business Development Officer-Trust Services is responsible for designing, developing and implementing a new business sales strategy that focuses on contacts with individuals in need of Trust services who meet the criteria set forth in the company’s Marketing Plan. This person also serves as the primary contact for new business, referred to BECU Trust Services by BECU employees, business partners and others.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop short and long-term sales strategies and plans to grow BECU’s Trust Services business base through new and expanded member relationships
- Identify, seek and cultivate new business for BECU Trust Services from both external and internal sources.
- Provide cross – sell opportunities based on client needs.
- Meet with prospective clients and assist them in defining their investment, trust and estate planning needs.
- Manage internal report activity of all prospects, in coordination with other Trust staff.
- Meet with intermediaries for trust clients, and build new referral relationships.
- Participate in Trust-sponsored activities and community events.
- Work in cooperation with the Vice President of BECU Trust Services to develop the Trust events calendar.
- Work with staff to develop RFPs, presentation materials, and other marketing materials necessary to enable BECU Trust Services to adequately sell trust services and increase awareness of its services.
- Facilitate and present seminars on Trust-related services.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- B. A. or B. S. or higher degree in related field or equivalent work or educational experience.
- CFP, CHFC, CTFA, CFA, or other applicable specialized training, or continuing education toward certification.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a financial services industry, with emphasis in trust services and /or estate planning sales and business development.
- Active affiliation and participation in professional trade organizations.
- Excellent sales, marketing and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to understand complex trust agreements as well as the needs of prospective clients.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure issues are handled in a fair and consistent manner.
- Excellent short and long range planning skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.